Evacuation of US Embassy in Ukraine

Our country being attacked.

Also, care to answer my questions?

What makes you think it won’t be? Is a first strike survivable?

It hasn’t yet, if/when it is, then take the damn gloves off, leave the politicians out of it and let the military do what needs done.

1 Like

I can’t speak for most I did see where JayJay who I think might be democrat say it the way at least some of us thinks that NATO expanded to far east. It was the moving into some of those Baltic states where I personally would have drawn the line. And would anyone want to go to war for Turkey? The asshats who were letting European jihadists pour into Syria? I doubt many would.

So a quick look at the map since 1997. The red line I crudely drew to me is were NATO should have stopped and been happy with their gains. Anything past that is asking for trouble down the road. So I am glad NATO got back central Europe after the fall of the Soviets after that it seems like just asking for trouble.

1 Like

Did Germany attack the US in 1917? Did neutrality keep us out of WWII in 1941?

Your questions? OK.

Have you ever served? No
Do you have kids? Yes
Do you want them to go fight? No

Yeah I get that theoretically we should not try to protect all of Eastern Europe/Baltic States. But can you imagine letting Russia take over Hungary, the Czech Republic, Poland? I can’t.

Nope.

I think where we mainly have gone wrong since WWII has been in trying to invade, occupy and then nation build in places we have no right to be in- Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan.

Those conflicts are not pertinent. A conflict with Russia and/or China is.

I’m thinking today. Next few hours.

No I am in agreement with you on those countries. It is the Baltic states that makes me wonder if NATO wasn’t pushing their luck for Russia’s weakness at the time. Ukraine seems like a no brainer with Russia all signs point they are not going to let that one go without a fight. And worse if Ukraine does hypothetically get’s taken over by Russia that would means they would then share a border with four NATO countries Poland, Romania, Slovenia, and Hungary. And I agree with you these countries I do understand being in NATO.

The bad thing is they are no good possible solutions the best would seem the status quo of Ukraine remaining the way they are. I doubt Poland and the other three NATO countries would be to excited to share a border with Russia if Ukraine is wiped off the map.

2 Likes

to not appear weak, if putin cares about that sort of thing as much as biden does.

1 Like

That map really tells a story.

1 Like

That’s not how it works.

You made the claims…you provide the evidence for said claims.

Lines.

2 Likes

Because of continued meddling after those conflicts. We can still be the baddest sons a bitches in the world without trolling their territories. Walk softly, carry a big stick?

SE Asia can form alliance to challenge/defend against China. And we can supply em with tools. Same with Europe.

Thats even less strict than the Monroe doctrine that established the whole Western hemisphere as “the line”. But ok.

Yeah I agree that the Baltic states are iffy for being in NATO. And I agree that Russia taking Ukraine upsets the calculus for those border states. I do think that Russia/Putin will get more than they bargained for by taking Ukraine- a likely long and bloody insurgency backed by Western powers with money and arms. My guess is it would give Putin pause on further expansionism. We’ll see.