ESCAPE FROM NY: More Than ONE THIRD of New Yorkers Plan on Fleeing De Blasio’s Big Apple

Originally published at: ESCAPE FROM NY: More Than ONE THIRD of New Yorkers Plan on Fleeing De Blasio’s Big Apple | Sean Hannity

A new poll released this week by Quinnipiac University shows a whopping 41% of New Yorkers “can’t afford” to live in the Big Apple; citing massive taxes, crumbling infrastructure, and crippling housing costs across the nation’s largest city.

“More than a third of all city residents say they can’t afford to live anywhere in the state — much less the Big Apple — and believe economic hardship will send them packing in five years or less, according to a dismal new poll,” writes the New York Post.

“They are making this city a city for the wealthy, and they are really choking out the middle class,’’ said one Queens resident.

“A lot of my friends have had to move to Florida, Texas, Oregon. You go to your local shop, and it’s $5 for a gallon of milk and $13 for shampoo. Do you know how much a one-bedroom, one-bathroom apartment is? $1700! What’s wrong with this picture?” he added.

“I am definitely not going to be here five years from now. I will probably move to Florida or Texas where most of my family has moved,” said another lifelong New Yorker.

Read the full report at the New York Post.