Equality, Equity and Value Added-"Palestinians"

Agreed.

Oh there most certainly is a political objective. Politics is about being the one controlling the levers of power to make policy (law). And about controlling the forces designated to enforce those policies upon those subject.

Then when you break down the underlying motivations of the humans seeking to hold political power, you find material motivations and ideological motivations. The ideological motivations have more potential for inspiring extreme acts of violence, but the desire for material gain can never be under estimated.

1 Like

Precisely…thus reason for social control.

With constant pressure onto society they’re better able to control, and with that you’re always going to have parts of society lashing out. So do we want to eradicated em?

And that’s slippery slope.

We all seen history of what happens.

Precisely…

I don’t think I agree that is the reason they are still here.

I do…they’re serving a purpose. Otherwise Arabs themselves would have eradicated them IMO.

At some point though…they’re going to be a liability.

Something that I’ve thought about decade or so ago. At some point liberalism will become a liability. It was used by authoritarians to gain power. Now that same thought/liberalism can be used to undermine their authority. Which I’ve been trying to do since I arrived here.

Again just thinking out loud. Either way liberalism has become a direct threat.

You have to remember the Palestinians are Arabs. And Arabs are a tribal people. In Kuwait there are 5 major tribes that make up the citizenship of Kuwait. Most prominent among them is the Kuwaiti branch of the Al-Enizi. This tribal group dates from before Mohamad and Islam. There are untold minor tribes, with alliances to major tribes.

The peoples who make up the group today are members of the different Arab tribes that called the region known as Palestine home under the Ottoman Empire, and later the British. Palestinian is nothing more than adopted umbrella moniker.

1 Like

Fair point…but how does Hamas fits into this?

A home grown Islamist political movement, with Iranian and Qatari sponsorship, seeking to impose their political will over the population. Their platform/charter says the rest. They are pretty useless by themselves, as they control no domestic resources, other than the population of Gaza.

1 Like

So they’re using Palestinians as a tool.

Now I don’t know enough about middle east, but from what I’ve been gathering they have become liability to Arabs.

Gaza has the potential to feed itself, and cloth itself, using modern infrastructure and agricultural methods. It could even have exports if managed properly. But its political leadership has never been focused on the general welfare of the population. It takes in 10s of millions of dollars in aid and spends most of it on jihad and indoctrination to further jihad… It throws just enough crumbs to the population to keep them dependent all the while driving home their grievance justifications like a shiny object before the population.

Arab is an umbrella term for inhabitants of North Africa and the Eastern Horn of Africa and the Arabian Peninsula. They either are tools, or liabilities, for the governing powers in the different states that make up those regions. And it is not a cut and dry situation.

I have no doubt a place like Gaza have the ability to sustain itself. That’s if they manger their most valuable resources.

But for some reason I’m getting this impression they want Israel to finish it.

What they’re saying publicly is to placate their people.

Just seems different this time than past conflict. Which suggest that time has ran out on Hamas and people that supports em.

Not with Arabs.

They aren’t sub-humans, they have the potential. What that population doesn’t have right now is the mindset to focus on themselves instead of focusing on their neighbor.

No, they are not subhumans. Name a place where Arabs have demonstrated this potential.

No. They want to be recognized as a state. They need to start acting like one.

4 Likes