Enemy of the People (and truth)

still missing the point? Its not about net neutrality. Its about big techs power to shape public opinion and their willingness to lie to do it. the leftist press is right there with them, on this specific issue the left/right dichotomy is irrelevant. Its the tactics. msnbc, cnn, google, facebook, twitter… they all push the same narrative. they’ve been caught over and over again pushing a false narrative and suppressing facts that don’t fit. but the narrative is maintained and for many accepted as “truth”. this is one way they do it. create overwhelming fake support and the big numbers drive it. it becomes accepted and “truth”. it molds opinion and affects policy. and its so, so, wrong.

1 Like

Um…we’re not asking them to be be neutral. Just to stop lying.

Net neutrality means restricting conservative thought. Kinda like twitter. Sure, dude republicans would love to put democrats in charge of that. Do you understand that they make up cute names for tyrannical laws to make people favor them?

No you’ve defined them that way because you’re structuring things as if everything is always well defined and for all time. “Big Tech” and “big media” are “Leftist” in your minds…even when they are on board promoting right wing causes. Or, should I say. corporatist causes.

Which this was.

The repeal of net neutrality was a thing that favored large tech corporations and spun in a way to attract more conservative-minded people to favor it. Big Tech was acting in its own greedy interests…and in this case were only too happy to use conservatives as tools to further their ends.

Big tech of course was in on it because of the money and control they envisioned with the end of NN.

The issue here, of course, is the GOP is still in bed with big business as much as they always were, yet the Heirs of Trumpism are trying to cast themselves as populists who are the heroes of the Everyday Forgotten Man.

This is why you get very awkward occurrences like Ted Cruz admitting he could be bribed by money from big business to do things like clear “bothersome regulatory hurdles” as he catered to big business’ wants.

The populism you imagine Trumpism to be is lip service only.

However, their plans to get you to buy into such fake populism is obviously working.

The sooner you guys get it in your heads that both parties (and Trump since the GOP at the national level is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Donald J. Trump) have agendas…and those agendas are NOT favorable to “the little guy”…the better your world will become.

Dumping people and groups and businesses into fake boxes like “Left” and “Right” is a key part in their agendas succeeding.

2 Likes

We knew back in 2017 that there were tons of fake comments.

You know who ignored all that?

This guy.

1 Like

This is not even wrong.

1 Like

lot of words to say… “must defend the masters”

1 Like

There are globalists on left and right and in the centre. Globalists want the control of information via big tech - government collusion.

Their parent companies were supporting the fake letters to the FCC. Now why would CNN and MSNBC companies be interested in having internet providers support certain favored customers with better connections than others? I’m sure you can figure that out.

For the exact same reasons the Trump administration wanted it. To help the corporations make more money.

You need to pay closer attention. Corporate America supports Biden. The democrats are the party of big business. The republicans are the party of the middle class.

4 Likes

Although the globalist vestigial leeches still in the GOP are not, of course.

1 Like

Are you arguing that the dems are the party of the middle class?
:thinking:

No, I’m saying that not all in the GOP are pro the working class. Globalist hangers on have a different agenda.

1 Like

You misunderstood me. I never claimed to like ALL republicans.
I despise all of the democrats and half of the republicans.

How about you?

How does repealing net neutrality support the middle class?

you keep trying to make this about nn, but its not. that you don’t get it is not all that unsurprizing.

Whatever you say, sport.

Well it also isn’t about what you put in your OP. CNN nor MSNBC ran a campaign to get net neutrality repealed.

But you keep talking about “the media”

I love them all and hope for the best for them all. I despise the globalism many of them are enchanted by and sold out to.

I’m confused by the CNN and MSNBC headlines. They are irrelevant to the story. Bottom line is that major internet providers funded the largely RW effort to repeal net neutrality. Has nothing to do with the LW media (which I despise) nor does it have anything to do with LW extremism.