End of Federal Control of Elections and Filibuster Safe - Manchin

He may just save the Republic. :+1: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Vacancies in WV are filled by the Governor.

Is the poster suggesting there are GOP supporters who might want to kill Manchin so the GOP can take back the Senate?

:open_mouth:

They are filled by the governor from a three person list to be prepared by the party of the last person holding the office.

I stand corrected. I thought that applied to state vacancies only…I see it applies to federal vacancies as well.

Well that joke backfired.

Bingo. Does nothing for those who will vote no matter what. Makes it easier for bundlers to coerce those who would normally not bother to vote.

Coerce?

And you do realize no one brought “never bothered to vote before” people to the polls than Donald Trump.

Did he coerce them into doing so?

There is a big difference between someone never voting before going to the polls on their own and a bundler coercing a disadvantage person to vote for their candidate lest they lose their government assistance.

Dude- some of the most downtrodden folks out there were “The Forgotten” that Trump brought out to vote, “coercing” them by telling them furriners were taking their jobs and Libruhls were gonna take their guns, brainwash their kids and make Christianity illegal.

Please…

1 Like

Those voters were energized by Trump. They moved heaven and earth to make it to the polls on their own. They weren’t coerced by someone showing up at their doorstep scaring them about losing their government assistance.

And that is exactly what DEM bundlers do. They prey on those who have no clue about what is going on outside their circle of government dependence. Removing all obstacles to getting those registered is what all DEM voter overhaul legislation is all about. That makes it easier for them to bundle large numbers of voters that otherwise would never bother to vote.

Not even remotely the same. DEM voter overhaul legislation would have done nothing for those that voted for Trump on their own initiative.

Should there be obstacles to vote?

1 Like

No. A simple reading shows he’s not.

1 Like

Trump voters come on their own initiative.

Dem voters are “coerced”.

Nah- there’s nothing even remotely biased about that kind of “observation”.

:rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

There are no obstacles to vote for those who want to vote. The obstacles are for those who want to coerce those who have no interest on a massive scale.

1 Like

Yes. Voting should be in, as much as possible, an environment where one is not in a situation where you can be pressured, coerced or bribed.
You should be a citizen of the country in which you vote.
Parties should have already nominated who will be running for office.
You should be over a certain age to vote.
You should live in a district where you are eligible to vote

2 Likes

I never even hinted at such an absurd observation.

I’ve stated repeatedly on multiple occasions:

There are people on both sides of the political aisle who make it a point to vote in every election. Nothing will deter them from doing so. They are for the most part informed on the issues and will vote more often than not. With Trump, there were many disenchanted Reagan Democrats who made it to the polls for the first time in a long time

Secondly there are people on both sides of the political aisle who wouldn’t vote no matter how easy congress makes it for them to do so. They are largely uninformed and have absolutely no interest. I seriously doubt most would even have a clue where they stand politically.

Enter the bundlers. They are largely DEMs who prey on those who would never vote on their own. These bundlers need to have the election wheels greased to make it as easy as possible to herd them together with threats they might lose their benefits if they don’t allow the bundlers to gather their vote for the DEM candidate.

To the disadvantage of the GOP, there is no similar bundling activity on the right. If there were, they wouldn’t be fighting the voting law changes favoring those bundlers.

1 Like

Nice try Jay. You do know I don’t support violence unless it’s defense of one life, property/livelihood.

No exceptions.

Now make sure to call FBI on me…after all that’s what libs do to their political enemies.

3 Likes

No obstacles? What about those who don’t have ID in a state that requires one for voting? That is an obstacle, right?

1 Like

No ID…no vote.

4 Likes

So not having an ID is an obstacle to voting.

Laziness is one own obstacle.

6 Likes