End of Federal Control of Elections and Filibuster Safe - Manchin

What appears to be lacking is a discussion about districts’ boundaries. Quite clearly there are many district’ boundaries have been drawn up to maximise the number of districts won by a certain party. If one wanted to have fair elections, there is absolutely no justification for many districts’ boundaries to be drawn up the way they currently are.

Or is carded.

You have to have n ID to get any welfare benefits.

All the poor disenfranchised voters the left talks about being turned away… already have IDs.

4 Likes

Sure there is.

Because if you the draw the boundaries a different way suddenly you are diluting the minority vote.

1 Like

What is the rationale for this shaped district?

Congressional districts are required to have approximately the same number of people and take into consideration, geographic boundaries, socio-economic similarities, and racial diversity. But people are not distributed across the land uniformity within those categories, thus some congressional districts take on weird shapes.

3 Likes

I have an opera house with harbour views for sale. That is as credible as the explanation about why some districts are shaped the way they are. Quite clearly, the rationale behind the shapes is to maximise the chances of winning as many districts as possible and to maximise the number of voters of the opposition party in the minimum number of districts. The word that should be used that is most apposite is gerrymander.

Might want to familiarize yourself with our election laws, specifically court ordered gerrymandering to maximize minority representation.

You can get started here

1 Like

This isn’t true.

I know it’s a favorite talking point, but it’s not based in reality.

So people who are here illegally can get any and all welfare benefits?

1 Like

No, that’s not what I said.

Really?

Whats #1 on the list please?

Must be those racist liberals running the welfare programs, just trying to disenfranchise the poor minorities.

1 Like

You know that’s a scam site, right?

VA doesn’t require ID. You can apply online.

I’ve never applied for any government benefits other than Unemployment, but I never had to show ID.

It’s bad form to reply to yourself in an attempt to gloat.

Particularly when you’re wrong.

1 Like

Oh… I doubt that.

Refer to this step-by-step process to apply for SNAP:

1. Gather documents you will need
  2. Log on or register to create an account
  3. Answer a series of questions about your household
  4. Submit your application

Ready? Have with you:

• Recent pay stubs
  • List of household resources
  • Current rent/mortgage statement
  • Current property tax bill
  • Current homeowner’s insurance bill
  • Social Security card

Now, what is missing from that list?

Oh, yeah. Picture ID.

Now… what would you need in order to get any of those things… hmmm. I dunno.

Maybe an ID.

1 Like

You don’t need a picture ID to get any of those things.

Nor do you have to provide any of those documents with your application. Those are references, to use to calculate income and liabilities.

Lol right. Ok. Sure.

Not going to continue conversing with the delusional.