End of Federal Control of Elections and Filibuster Safe - Manchin

You realize that no one falls for this, right?

It’s ok, you can admit you were wrong. I won’t think less of you - in fact, it’s a sign of maturity.

1 Like

It’s should be pretty clear, by now, that American conservatism is: angry desire ----> mythmaking ----> fury that myth-based beliefs aren’t true ----> rage politics to make them true ----> ‘neener neener told ya so’ preening.

1 Like

In my 20s, due to a combination of personal laziness, and a ridiculous catch-22 situation, I lived without any legal ID for 2 or 3 years.

I signed multiple leases, got a job, paid my taxes, got furloughed, went on unemployment, smoked a pack a day, drank all the time, traveled all over the NE via bus and train, and never needed an ID.

I’ll admit, cashing my paychecks was difficult - there was one check-cashing place that knew me, and that’s the only option I had - but other than that, it wasn’t a big deal.

How does your employer fill out an I-9 with no ID?

1 Like

“Gerrymandering,” which got its name from the often weird shapes that resulted from manipulating the districts by party, but contrary to popular belief, it was done to put the bulk of the majority party into one district so that they would be a minority in all or most of the other districts, thus giving the minority party more representative. However, just because the shape is odd does not mean that it was done to give advantage to the party that was in control of doing it. As I said, people do not live uniformly distributed across regular shaped areas. It is foolish to make accusations of gerrymandering simply because the shape is weird. One must look at the details to see what effect the boundaries have on representation.

Gerry('s) (sala)mander.

And that means you, or someone else like a cashier broke multiple laws allowing you to do those things without ID.

1 Like

What laws?

1 Like

Really? The supposed lawyer around here doesn’t know what things in that list of things was illegal for someone to do for you without ID. Or are we talking a long time ago before people cared about those things.

Because now days most of your list would be breaking the law, and what isn’t illegal would still be terrible business practices.

Nothing that I did, or anyone else did, was - or is - illegal.

Show me the law.

You can’t buy smokes without ID. If you look under 40… it was illegal.
You can’t buy alcohol without ID… it was illegal.
Employers are required, by law, for official ID.
A landlord signing a lease without ID is a terrible idea.
True you are not required to have ID to pay taxes, but you should have had ID in order to have any reportable income… and if you were being paid under the table… illegal.

Every state has their own laws, and I can only speak for the 5 states I’ve lived in - but none of them have had laws that required ID checks.

T21 laws.

Better hope your local quickie mart doesn’t get caught in a spot check in regards to alcohol or tobacco.

1 Like

Those are now all federal laws. Care to keep digging?

No, see above. Not true.

No, they aren’t. They’re required to get one from column A and one from column B.

What federal laws are you talking about?

Play your game with someone else. Your either intentionally just trying to waste my time, or you’ve been lying about being in the law field.

Play your game elsewhere.

The “T21” law does not mandate ID checks. It just ups the age from 18 to 21.

And they tell you to do manual ID check to verify.

Like I said, you better hope your local doesn’t get caught in the sting.