End Gun-Free Zones

Are you saying police are reckless? Why so sure?

Some are. Just like any profession there are bad actors.

Here in Utah, the POST review board revokes, suspends the certification of a couple dozen officers/corrections workers/dispatchers a year.

So once again, I say – sounds like an officer improperly stored his weapon.

Given that, do you have any problems arming teachers?

Depends on the situation.

Here in Utah, if a teacher is a concealed carry holder, they can carry in the schools. Has been that way for years and only once incident I’m aware of.

Couple years ago a teacher was . . .uuuuhhhh . . . using the facilties . . . . when her gun fell out of a waist holster, went off when it hit the floor and the toilet exploded.

She lost her concealed carry and her job over it – which is what should have happened.

Probably half the teachers in my school district – in my opinion – are carrying while teaching.

SROs have a weapon already, so someone on campus is walking around with a gun. At our college we’re exploring allowing ex military employees and some from our criminal justice program like captains carry on campus. Opinions vary trust me… it’s still in the talking phases. I personally know all the folks who’ve volunteered to undergo the training and wouldn’t have an issue with added guns on campus. It’s super polarizing though as you can imagine some are against this.

So you don’t think that a teacher might have their gun used against them or the kids in the school?

It could happen. Again it’s all on the circumstances. Example if the teacher is foolish enough to keep a gun in their desk instead of on them.

Now lets put the other shoe on. Say 10 teachers in the school are armed. What are the chances of a shooter continuing to kill more and more people?

The guy had issues…like legit issues to where he was crazy …

El Paso wasnt and that was in Texas where when you are born you are given a 9mm…

Oh utah… is there anything it cant do?

Wait

What?

Do you have a link to the guy who killed his sister (brother) had mental issues?

Kind of odd you say the LIBERAL shooter had mental issues, but the conservative one didn’t.

1 Like

I’m not looking for it…but if I’m right it’s from a girl who dated him.

No it’s not odd…its odd because you cant use your typical " he has mental issues" for a guy who went out of his way to state it was about mexicans and illegals…

I get it…its a problem for people who partisan every issue to death with stupid little arguments that doesnt help anyone get any further.

1 Like

Why is that odd? The right tries that with practically every mass shooting where the shooter has conservative political views

2 Likes

Wow. Just wow.

He stated that it was about mexicans so there can’t be any mental health issues with the guy.

Let that sink in.

A girl who dated one shooter says he had mental health issues so it must be. Another guy had a “stated reason” for his shooting so he can’t have any mental health issues.

Let that sink in . . . .

You want them to blend in. Concealed carry.

Most people carried for decades…and gun never went off on killing spree.

LOL those with concealed carry has less criminal history then the cops.

Weird isn’t it?

I cite Dayton where 9 people were shot and killed in under 30 seconds.

Sister. Not brother. Sister.

No one is “arming teachers” they are already armed. In some places teachers are not being disarmed.

But liberal indoctrinators in public schools, who hate guns and hate freedom and brainwash our nation’s kids into liberalism. Definitely want them protecting your family, right?

1 Like

Oh I bet you are correct. But- not everyone is responsible, so incidents like this are bound to happen.

And make all gun crimes a death penalty to discourage all gun crimes!