Electric Cars are coming- no need to drill in Alaska

…he said, referring to government force. :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m sure they do:

Joint Ford and GM press release: “don’t blame us, we don’t build power plants or design grids”.

1 Like

Never mind that those electric cars are built with plastic. Guess what plastic is made from?

4 Likes

How will all those electric cars be charged? Just asking…

2 Likes

1250 horsepower.

Unicorn crap and fairy farts…same stuff power plants run on.

2 Likes

I know, there is a great and eye opening documentary out there about all the things oil is used in I watched years ago that opened my eyes just how dependent civilization is on fossil fuels. I try to balance a middle position on oil, I understand it has environmental impacts but am in no hurry to see energy prices raise especially on the most vulnerable.

2 Likes

“No more strip mining for lithium! It’s causing climate change!”

6 Likes

SHE said.

and- is the government suddenly in control of auto manufacturers? What did I miss?

That’s awesome. Had absolutely no interest in a hybrid, but an EV sounds like something worth saving for.

I just want a truck that I’ll never have to get underneath again. Take my money.

1 Like

Can’t build nuclear, no more fracking, coal is dead, no more drilling… something seems to not add up. How will those electric vehicles get charged? Or are they buy once and drive until they die?

2 Likes

Say what you want, righties. It’s no longer a debate. It’s happening.

2 Likes

Ma’am, you appear to have missed this part in your link preview:

“before governments force it”

4 Likes

How will you charge it? Just curious.

Someone already mentioned unicorn farts. I hear it may be the key to fusion, which is only 20 more years away (still)!

3 Likes

IT’S HAPPENING! Nobody forced it!

Dammit I forgot about the rainbow unicorns!

You just keep telling yourself that. Eventually you’ll believe it. :rofl:

3 Likes

Do you think GM hasn’t got a plan?

Plug it in, it won’t even put a strain on the grid. We have the capacity.