Either way we are losers!

The next time you make a clever remark will be the first time. :sunglasses:

The current iteration of Chinese government is remarkably tolerant, given the history of brutality and subjugation their previous political machinations have wrought. No matter who is in control, cults like the Falun Gong and the church will always be suppressed, and for a good reason.

We’re all familiar with Mao’s murderous regime, but just 100 years before his assumption of power, a Christian cult led by a man claiming to be the reincarnation of Jesus Christ launched a rebellion that killed 20 million people.

The Chinese have a long historical memory, stretching back thousands of years; there is no concept of human rights there, and never has been. There was a glimmer of hope when the nationalists took over in the early 20th century, but of course it fell apart into warlordism, which it always has there.

I’m not interested in taking moral stances with evil regimes. When the elites tire of being constantly purged, the party elites will be removed, just like the Maoist elite were by the very communists they persecuted. However, I don’t see a revolution of human rights in the next regime; human life will still have no value.

And who was that?

Does your cult have any other tenets?

Which cult do you mean?

Hong Xiuquan, self proclaimed Heavenly King. The event is called the Taiping rebellion.

I was not aware that Wilson proposed medicare for all while elderly were being denied healthcare in Europe in 1918. Yet in 1918 we were at war in Europe and many freedoms were suspended while at war. Wilson was no libertarian and signed the espionage act. sure we had Huey b ling in the era and he was called a communist.
you take one tree and missed the forest.

exactly

Oh. Right. Although he claimed to be Jesus Christ’s brother, not a reincarnation.

True. I got that detail wrong.

So did Trump.

The “experts” don’t always agree with each other.

This same “tolerant government” murdered thousands of protesters in Tiananmen Square.

Did the experts who Trump consulted tell him that the drug Trump is advocating is without risks? That it can’t kill anyone who uses it?

Highly doubtful but then Trump hasn’t made such a statement either so what exactly is your point?

Trump doesn’t prescribe, nor does he dispense. Doctors and Pharmacists do and they are responsible for making sure it’s appropriate for any given patient.

Trump has most assuredly claimed that it can’t hurt you if you take that particular drug.

Quote that statement with full context provided.

To paraphrase what has been posted on this forum previously: I am not here to do your research for you.

I have also seen on this site the advice that Google is your friend.

As usual making claims we all know you can’t and won’t support.

I applaud your consistency.
:joy:

1 Like

It’s just the same drug the Australian’s used to treat the wife of our national treasure, Tom Hanks, after they infected him.

1 Like

It is not correct to say that Tom Hanks and his wife were infected with the coronavirus in Australia.

It is mystifying that this urban myth continues to be circulated.