Education Fix, Guaranteed to Work

Sean is right. Our Education System Sucks. But, as a high school teacher I have a proven fix.
It is nothing really new in that Herman Ebbinghaus figured it out in 1885. I emailed asking Sean’s
people to contact me so I could submit the four page plan and hopefully add it to his website.
Main Points: The first two years of college are high school over again. The plan includes how to get two years of credit for $1500 to $2000, Also how to make all A’s so as to get full scholarships.

1 Like

I don’t know if I agree with your plan, but “to each is their own.”

However, I do believe that Education wise America’s system needs to advance
majorly, because it’s fallen behind over the years.

Why are you going to submit your education plan to Sean Hannity?

2 Likes

So it can be made available to the public. Sean has the forum and I do not.

One guy who did it went to college with 2 1/2 years of credit and with the full
scholarship got thru their law school and graduated debt free. He was only 22 and
is now a corporate lawyer.

Thanks for the question.

Start a blog. I’m sure you’ll get plenty of clicks.

Are we just gonna hint at the website we can pay money to for all this, or are we gonna post the link and get this over with? lol

Not clear to me. You say that the first two years of college are high school all over again - what is being credited? And I would add that, while for two of my kids, the first year, at least, of college was largely remedial, and the equivalent of a high school AP level course (primarily in reading, English composition and basic math), this was not the case when I went to college. We were expected to come prepared for college-level course work. At no time, was the work a reiteration of high school material.

IMHO if k-12 education was stronger, more focused, stronger academically and less concerned with social engineering, there would be no reason for colleges to waste a freshman and possibly sophomore year in remediation.

First the education problem: Teachers do a great job of presenting the lessons but it is normal
to forget and even if students take notes they will forget 50 to 80% of the lesson within 24 hours. After 30 days they will have forgotten 98% of it.

As Ebbinghous learned in 1885 all it takes is a ten minute review within 24 hours and all will be
remembered. But, notes must have been taken in order to review what was taught.

Therefore the overall problem with out education system is that we do not Teach so That Students
Will Remember, and we do not Hold Them Accountable for what we taught them.

My plan does that and I hope Sean will learn about this and eventually put it on this website.

IF he does millions of Americans will graduate from high school with two years of college credit via
CLEP and get full scholarships to college. SEAN CAN GET THE CREDIT FOR BRINGING THIS TO THE ATTENTION OF ALL AMERICANS. It is so easy

Good points and I think I just answered some of your questions AP and Dual Credit are fine
but no need to bother; Just go to Collegeboard.org and look up their CLEP program. About
$100 per 3 hr credit, also more credits can be had with higher test scores for Chemistry, Biology and the three main languages of French, German and Spanish. For example U Texas Arlington gives up to
14 hrs for a high score. Colleges differ in their test score requirements, but for many a score of 50 on the CLEP exams leads to 3 hrs credit. Collegeboard also has study guides for $10 and 95% of those who buy the guides pass their exams.

CLEP exams may also be taken by people of all ages and they are ordered individually, so the school districts have nothing to do with it.

Blog might work to some extent, but the mighty SEAN is in a position to lead the country in this endeavor. Millions of Americans will do it because of him.

Not sure if I answered your concerns. As to your point about stronger , etc… No matter how great
the instruction is 50 to 80% of it will be forgotten within 24 hours because it is normal to forget. We see and hear etc thousands of things all day long and do not need to remember everything. Pls see my other comments.

Also another place to learn about a more modern Curve of Forgetting is on Waterloo U with their Curve of Forgetting The site also has helpful articles about developing note taking skills. A copy of their plan is in my four page plan. (Waterloo is a Canadian University)

I think one of the biggest problems in education is the system itself, the students and then the teachers.
However, it depends on if it’s a college, or if it’s a high school also.
Those variables can easily be switched around, from the system not being number one, and so fourth.

Example; When I was in college I wanted to actually learn what I was going there for.
So I would raise my hand and ask questions about what certain things meant.
After the very first couple classes, in each class, I would go up to the professor and tell
them that I didn’t mean to be rude, but that was how I learned. More hands on.
Each and every professor told me that it was perfectly fine, and they actually liked me
doing that, because they preferred teaching that way, but most students just want to
get the answers, and take the tests, and just get the grade, but not actually learn anything.

In one class I had 2 different kids come up to me, and tell me literally why I was getting involved and I shouldn’t do that, because I’m making things harder for them. I told them back to change their class then, because that was how I learned. I don’t think that they liked that to much. lol.

Ironically enough, sooner than later, at least 1 if not up to half of the class over time, started
raising their hands also, and started getting more hands on and involved as well. You see, the major problem is that the teachers don’t want to piss off the students by making
them learn hands on, or they’re just to lazy to try any more, because they’re tired of the students not trying. But it goes both ways also. I don’t know how long ago, but kids use to like to learn new things. Now they just want to take the tests, and get the grades. However, if someone goes first, such as I did, and they see that it’s not that scary to participate, then they’re willing to as well. At least that’s what I think.

The problem is simply trying to find someone that goes first.

Not all teachers do a great job. Some are burnt out and don’t care as much, some are newbies and aren’t as good at their job yet, and are learning the ropes, and there are
some that are great in general. My teacher in Philosophy was the best teach I’ve ever had.
He encouraged students to get involved, and would call on us, and the reaction was
wonderful!!!

Repetition is what is needed greatly more so in today’s classes. Learning something once,
and then learning it again, and again. That will imprint it onto a students mind. The issue is simply finding a fun way to do it, so it doesn’t get boring easily over time.

On second thought, It’s pretty much mainly on the teachers.

How they go about teaching their students is up to them.

Just like my college professor, he was the leader, he called on students for the answers.
Students will react more positively overall, especially overtime, if they know that they’re
being graded for their participation. Usually, overtime, people start to get comfortable
with not only being called on, but then over time they voluntarily will raise their hands,
for the answer. When some students see others get involved, they are more likely to do so as well.

Hence, without the teacher taking the initiative to have their students learn more hands on,
he or she sets the standard or the bar high for their students. In turn the students will probably perform better, and learn more overall, and they will have fun doing so as well.

Personally, I think that every high school and college in the United States should
have their students be taught more so, by being more interactive with them, and calling
on them, getting everyone involved, and trying to have fun! It makes learning fun, it makes the students happy to learn, and it would probably be a lot less stress on the teachers overall.

Mr. Hannity doesn’t read anything on this forum.

1 Like

You’re a high school teacher?

I too have worked in the education profession as well. I don’t know if I would say that it sucks, but it is clearly misguided, takes too long and costs too much (specifically higher education). I am 100% with you that higher education specifically is clearly in need of reform! Hopefully the country will one day wake up to this and we will see real change.

Yes, high school teacher, but at 83 ready to move on to something else.

1 Like

No matter what is taught in the classrooms it will be largely forgotten soon because it is normal to forget.

See Waterloo U for their Curve of Forgetting, read it, understand it and you will know what I mean.
Otherwise you will not. Pure and simple fact.

That’s not entirely true. Teachers, at least in Public Schools (although I’m pretty sure that private schools do much of the same) are required to follow a curriculum set forth by the State Department of Education. So for example as someone speaking as a science teacher there are so many things that are taught to High School students that have little to no practical value even for people who even end up working in those professions! It is a waste of the students time and of the taxpayers money.

I’m completely with you here. I’ve had student as Juniors who couldn’t remember anything from the year before. That’s not the only issue though, not only will they forget most everything they learn but most of what they are being taught has no practical value at all. There is this misguided philosophy in America that just by sitting in a classroom and learning something that will somehow make someone a more productive member of society.