Education>Culture>Politics

Well, then, I guess there’s nothing here. As I suspected.

How do I even know you are a school teacher? If you do not type your name and school and what you teach, I guess there is nothing there.
I just want to contact your school to verify your expertise and experience.

1 Like

You don’t know. But why would I misresent myself? I studied anthropolgy as an undergraduate at Tulane University (1974). I earned my MA and PhD at the Univeristy of Wisconsin-Madison. I received a Fulbright-Hayes postdoctoral scholarship to Belgium and Luembourg in the field of Prehistoric Archeology, in which I published my firsrt book. I have since published a second book. I began teaching science in 1987 and I still teach at the same school. That’s about 35 years.

And yet if I don’t give you the name of my kids school and school district to verify the statements I made about it, you guess there is nothing there. Feel free. I will return the opinion.

If you give the name of the discrict that won’t tell me anything. We are not part of a district. We are independent. So, give me the curriculum description. Mum’s the word.

As well as non-sensible👍

3 Likes

That non-religion set the country on fire in the summer of 2020.

1 Like

Doesn’t sound like CRT. Sounds like DEI. And your point is?

Nope. It would prove nothing to do so but only narrow it down.

Basically I have told you how they formed groups of students by race/gender to get their opinion on how to make the school more involved with their concerns. Of course, the students were selected were done so by school management and reflected their views. If you were Anglo male, basically you were odd man out. My objection and tie to CRT is that it assumes that the very people running the school who came up with this scheme are accusing themselves of giving preference to a Anglo males. If they want to stop that, the way to stop it would be just not to give preference to anyone.
The other item I mentioned is rating people by their standing within their ethnic group than just as a person.
Is your experience such that it does not seem believable that a woke school would do these things?
There are other policies which I disagreed with, but pretty soon you would wind up with personal info that I don’t want in this forum.
Accept it as plausible or don’t.

:rofl: Have a nice evening.

2 Likes

Plausible. Don’t know. Can’t keep up with your rambing.

Okay. At least you are acknowledging it actually isn’t a religion. That’s a start.

That probably worked in middle school.

Imagine that. Columbia.

“The things that I was learning at Columbia University really shocked me because it was the exact same thing that my North Korean teachers were brainwashing me in the classroom,” Park told Todd Piro. “At Columbia University they were literally saying that all the problems that we have is because of capitalism, because of white men, and the solution for all these problems is a communist revolution in the name of equity.”

An Essay on Liberation.

1 Like

4 Likes

Speaking of education

LOL
No wait………
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

A major part of the problem right here:

A Baltimore mom recently learned her high school senior had a 0.13 GPA yet ranked 62/120 in his class. The student had flunked all but three classes during his first three years of high school.

:woman_shrugging:

All the money in the world doesn’t make stupid go away.

Parental involvement is a key factor in the success of a student. No amount of money is going to be able to overcome a parent disinterested in their child’s education.

1 Like