Economy Dems v Repubs

You asked why the claim is made. I told you why the claim is made by some.

Want a different answer? Ask a clearer question.

No they don’t.

I got lost for a minute. My apologies.

1 Like

Not when there’s no money out there to buy their products.

And thus the insidious twin of tax cuts in supply side economics…that always hitches a ride along with the tax cut sibling…debt.

I’m not talking about good debt.

I’m talking about the insidious wealth-sapping debt people take on to either just stay afloat or to live the lifestyle they’re being told they must have in order to make the illusion of supply side economics work.

Such wealth-sapping debt, in conjunction with higher costs for the services once taken for granted, sabotages the virtuous cycle of the economy…which must then be jump started with even more debt.

A once virtuous cycle becomes a death trap instead.

This is the insidiousness of the Rentier Capitalism we “enjoy” today.

Yes, they can. And there will be money out there to buy them if you cut taxes.

No there won’t be…because the vast majority of the tax cuts don’t go to the consumer class and a large portion of the tax cuts do not go to drive further economic growth.

What savings the consumer class gets are far offset by greater costs to them they don’t consciously see, but it impacts them nonetheless.

1 Like

I got a big tax cut from Trump. I bought stuff with it.

Anecdote.

Fact.

Micro results does not equal macro results.

A common error.

Plus my guess is you are probably better off than half the population at least.

Of course!

If there is demand and a sound business plan, it’s pretty easy to find funding.

1 Like

Micro is 1/330,000,000th of macro.

Times it.

[quote=“SneakySFDude, post:50, topic:237021, full:true”]

So you are arguing for the kind of safety nets and entitlement spending that the Ds argue for, for much the same reason.

You give someone who is living in their car money to rent an apartment, that money goes straight into our economy. Ditto with SNAP funding.

Glad you are seeing the light.

Nope…not how it works.

But it’s true that a lot of people saved their trump big government giveaway check and didn’t spend it.

My bad - you were talking about the tax cuts, not the virus check.

You taking money out of my pocket and claiming to sprinkle back over me as fairy dust is not helping me, it’s horse ■■■■■

1 Like

No, it’s not true. And it wasn’t big.

It’s exactly how it works.

This is part of the answer to your OP: