Economy Dems v Repubs

Democrats spend more, more money flows through the economy, more people get hired, more stuff gets made, etc. Republicans institute austerity, less money flows, people get laid off, less stuff gets made, etc. Isn’t that the argument?

Democrats spend more what?

Money. Maybe I should have said print more. They inject more money into the system.

It’s not a claim, it’s reality.

The last two recessions happen when the dems were out of office.

Now we can Argue bad timing, but it is true.

gDp growth goes up under dems.

Allan

And take more out of the system.

Yes he did. Lowest unemployment. Wage growth without inflation. Number of people working etc.

2 Likes

I do not think it is a Democrat/Republican thing, at least not for the last 40 years.

It is an ideology question. From 1980-2008, there was a R POTUS for 20 of those 28 years. And the 8 years when it was a Democrat, it was Clinton who was a DLC Democrat, who did cater to Wall Street and lobbyists, as did many Democrats in the 90’s.

The shift started with Reagan, and he convinced the problem, well with everything, was the government. That idea has stuck for nearly 40 years. And has caused more division and strife than any one idea.

Government can be the problem. It can also be the catalyst for good things to happen as well.

The influence of money in politics is why we are, where we are. And it was not by accident.

I assume you mean taxation, but that doesn’t take money out of the system, it gives it to government to spend.

And now…

Allan

1 Like

Just stop…

It takes money out of my system.

People call them tax-and-spend Democrats, not tax-and-save.

Republicans are borrow and spend.

1 Like

60% of college grads don’t get jobs related to their major. Furthermore, and I say this as someone who actually taught in high school, the majority of students are not coming out of school much more intelligent than when they went in. Good paying jobs are largely dependent upon the profit margins generated by the business. Do honestly believe that if McDonald’s just hired people with college degrees that would result in higher profits and higher paying jobs?

2 Likes

Lol. Low unemployment and a failed covid response.

Allan

I don’t think someone dumb enough to go $100k in the hole for a sociology degree is smart enough to become a mechanic.

1 Like

LOVE THIS POST!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

One reason above - the market is a highly visible, frequently discussed metric. For some people, this is compelling.

(Disclaimer, this is from 2018, so you’d have the Rep/Split bar up a bit higher based on 2018 and 2019 being added to the mix, I think)

No companies only expand when they have demand.

They do not expand because they have money jingling around…they send that money to seek the highest ROI they can get…many times that higher ROI can be earned in ways that do not expand the overall economy.

You fail to understand Rentier Capitalism, which is why you keep falling into the trap of believing rich people grow the economy.

They don’t…the economy is a virtuous cycle.

2 Likes

Companies can create demand by expanding.