Drama in DC courtroom

It seems like it. Either Trump or Pence have been subpoenaed.

Former federal prosecutor Nelson W. Cunningham , the author of the aforementioned Politico piece, noted that “when the witness lost the first time in the circuit court (before the quick round-trip to the district court), they unusually petitioned for rehearing en banc— meaning they thought their case was so important that it merited the very unusual action of convening all 10 of the D.C. Circuit judges to review the order.”

Cunningham argued that this itself was telling, but added that something else was “even more telling,” namely: “President Trump’s sole appointee to that court, Gregory Katsas , recused himself.” Trump attorney Jay Sekulow forcefully denied that this related to the president at all.

Would so many extraordinary measures be taken if it weren’t one of those two? I don’t think so.

1 Like

Yeah? Name one.

1 Like

Trump2020 campaign…yet

I agree that they all appear to be scandalous and corrupt. Most of them have likely run afoul of the law on more than one occasion. However, for the entire floor to be shut down, it had to be someone of serious stature. Kushner doesn’t make the cut.

My guess is Vice President Mike Pence.

I have to agree with Mr. Cunningham on this. Although I don’t think it is President Trump. I do not see the SCO subpoenaing him as early in the investigation as these court proceedings began. The Vice President however, is a horse of another color.