Don’t hate science.

:roll_eyes:

Whatever you say mate.

Science. Lol

Weird coming from you

But whatever. We disagree on this.

There is no bridging that chasm.

Allan

Yes science, Political Science. Why is it weird coming from me?

Political science? It’s a weird opinion of yours.

Be live and let live is my motto.

Allan

You have said regulation is your motto.

Link?

Everything I’ve seen from Goodyear did not and would not deny this as being accurate.

The letter says, “we have a longstanding corporate policy that asks associates to refrain from workplace expressions in support of any political candidate or party”. They attempted to make this about support of law enforcement because that’s where a lot of their business for tires comes from. This is about the endorsement of BLM and if you notice, no where in that letter was it addressed.

A post was merged into an existing topic: General Slop from Various Threads +fd

Really!!! :roll_eyes: :laughing:

So what if Goodyear as a corporate entity supports BLM. My employer has a PAC that supports certain candidates and we are still now allowed to wear anything withb political slogans or endorsements. Their house their rules.

You can have two mottos.

Without regulation in life, might as well be a hermit.

Allan

Allan

Two diametrically opposed mottos?

Exactly.

Depends on my mood.

Allan

Then I’ll show my disagreement with them by refusing to do business with them. See how this works when a company chooses to go political? They then risk dividing their customers who’ll vote with their dollars and in this case, it worked.

1 Like

Good for you.

1 Like

Worse. At least his “enemies” actually know what they’re doing.

Trump is all in for the American worker until some insignificant HR guy makes a policy locally that angers Trump. Now he wants to burn the whole company down to the ground. Calling for a boycott may cost people their jobs, but hey, Trump got his wittle feeelers hurt so it is justified, right?

Perfect example of how when it comes down to who Trump would support when the choice is between himself and someone else.

What about “regulation” by means of a boycott?

Um…the thing that was being addressed is that the manager said expressions of support in apparel like “Blue Lives Matter” was acceptable even though the slide said it was not.

And this is what the right wingers who made sure this video circulated wide so the next level of outrage could be reached were complaining about.

It wasn’t about “endorsement of BLM”. It was people complaining “How come support for BLM is allowed but support for things like Blue Lives Matter is not?”

Why would Goodyear deny the session happened as shown by the video? It happened.

Goodyear’s clarification was simple. No apparel supporting particular political candidates.

Anything else is fine.

Your bias is showing that you think Goodyear ought to have said something about endorsing BLM.

1 Like

That was the sidenote. This was about BLM…which was acceptable to Goodyear. Note…they never denied that now did they? Say bye Felicia. :sunglasses:

I will happily refuse to do business, where and when possible, with any company that expresses support for BLM. That said, the President shouldn’t be asking me to do so.

1 Like