Dominican Republic builds border wall with Hati

Casa de Campo is amazing in DR. Been there a few times and can’t wait to go back.

Why do they want to put up a wall? What will that accomplish?

nothing, they should be looking for the root cause and then throw some money haiti’s way to solve it

4 Likes

Or better yet, imprison them.

The Clintons can fix this problem for Haiti.

https://canada-haiti.ca/content/how-clintons-robbed-and-destroyed-haiti

Where’s all the outrage from those on the Left here?

You spelled won’t wrong.

2 Likes

Bill Clinton’s influence in Haiti ranges from the 1990s agricultural policies in Haiti that destroyed the country’s rice industry to the meddling in internal affairs and finally to the earthquake.

I know I know, it means relief effort but that really reads like he caused the earthquake :smiley:

By the way you should read the article. It’s a bunch of statements with little to no sourcing. Actually it’s an opinion piece. I am sure to some degree it is true. Often foreigners meddling in a foreign culture causes a lot of harm and enriches the foreigners. That’s happened often but come on now.

Studying the root causes is very complicated and can take years. I don’t think the Biden Administration has even scratched the surface on this complicated situation?

1 Like

The length of border wall the DR is building is about 120 miles.

So of course that’s exactly the same as 1,954 miles, including through people’s property and in some inhospitable territory.

It’s exactly the same thing.

:roll_eyes:

You had to think long and hard to come up with that.

Shows how stupid the lib arguments are.

2 Likes

No I had to think precisely ten seconds to understand how silly it was of people on this thread to try and make some kind of equivalence argument.

Based on their own preconceived notions about what the objection to the border wall was all about

1 Like

Now do the ratio, how much more wealth do we have than DR?

Wealth has nothing to do with it.

But thanks for playing.

But don’t we have a higher GDP than the dominican republic in order to build a bigger wall

1 Like

So you guys are all now on the “throw taxpayer money at a problem and that will fix it” bandwagon?

The differences between the Haiti/DR border and the US/Mexico border are not simply a matter of scale.

That has always been a problem in Haiti.

Half of their presidents were assassinated, the other half got put on a boat and exiled to Kingston, Jamaica.

In other words, Haiti has always been a ■■■■ hole.

Wealth has nothing to do with whether we can afford to build more wall then they can? Funny.

It’s only silly to you because you’re a lib. :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

Tear down that wall (NOT.)

When was the last time you visited the Dominican Republic?

When was the last time you visited Laredo, Tx?

When was the last time you shopped at :dart: Target?

When was the last time you went to Starbucks :coffee: