DOJ: Woman can be fired for wearing pants

Oh, no. I can very well care about their rules if I think their rules are wrong to have.

I agree. Do you have the right to use government force to change them?

Wow - a lot of hate for slacks in this thread.

1 Like

For some things, yes. For most things, no.

Everything is an imposition.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Stop hedging. Get off the fence before that barbed wire pokes you.

Except minding your own business.

You can’t show up a McDonald and work in street cloths…

Liberals once always erred on the side of liberty. Now, they always want govt force…

1 Like

The things that you are doing while “minding your own business” can be described as impositions, too. The skirts rule, for example. Prohibiting the skirts requirement would be an imposition on the people who made the skirts rule.

1 Like

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

This story is about cons wanting to use government force to err on the side of fascism and sharia-style law. What does this have to do with liberals?

2 Likes

The question would and should be. Do other women who work there object to the dress code policy of wearing skirts and jackets? If there is no objection to that policy by the other women that work there. My answer would be this transitioning Transgender needs to follow the dress code like everyone else, if she is going to identify as a woman.

However, if other women that work there have same complaint, then it would be wise for the employer to revise the dress code. One would be on shakier ground having to fire all the women.

Why does a male, who identifies as a female get to violate a policy of their employer, simply because they are different. If one wants to identify as a female, then do so, but follow the dress code. This truly is not a gender issue. This is a matter of the employer following the wishes of the individual by treating him/her as a woman in all matters of workplace policy. Isn’t that what equality is?

1 Like

Wow. that’s a stretch.

Why are you asking me that? If Democrats want to bring back segregation, but based on political colour rather than skin colour, that just shows they have retained their historic MO of divide and conquer. I was asking Pizza Reverend what his feelings on businesses excluding on the basis of political preferences are, since he said he is against businesses excluding sexual preferences.

I was pointing out that most “liberals” are not liberal. They want to use govt force all the time. You don’t have to take the job. It’s not like we are communist you know. The economy has tons of choices. Let freedom ring for employers too…

1 Like

One of my lifelong friends is a funeral home owner and director. He wears a suit so do his male staff. The female staff all wear dresses. I think it is deemed appropriate attire when dealing with people in grief. He handled my dad’s funeral, and had to be out of town for two days. The lady who handled all of our issues while he was gone, was always wearing a dress, so was the receptionist, his personal secretary and anyone who worked within the home itself.

I do not see an issue with this employer’s policy.

Becasuse they are deluded. They are not female. If a worker identifies as a dog, should the boss have to let them come to work naked and urinate against office walls? No. The worker needs psychological correction.Or they can find a workplace that is owned by someone who thinks identifying oneself as something means you are that thing.

So you believe goverment can/should interfere?

I’m not sure where the pants-vs-skirt issue came into play here.

The issue is that a guy, who for several years was a funeral director for the Home (so one of the most customer-facing positions in the business!), wanted to come out as transgender. Still a biological male body, but wearing women’s clothing moving forward. Funeral home wouldn’t have that for a customer-facing role. the religious aspect of the issue is peripheral to me in this case. Grieving families don’t want to have to navigate through a gender dysphoria sideshow when planning and holding their funerals.

In a CNN article I have open it says, “In her complaint to the EEOC, Stephens alleged that management said it terminated her because the public would not accept her transition, according to court documents.”

I don’t blame the funeral home at all for that.