DOJ: Woman can be fired for wearing pants

Let’s say, I owned a Hooters…and I required the women to wear something skimpy? Is that sharia law?:sunglasses:

2 Likes

If the DOJ says an employer can impose clothing restrictions one one group of people but not another based on religion, it’s problematic.

2 Likes

This seems more like gender discrimination rather than religious discrimination to me. Either the men should also be forced to wear skirts or nobody is. Pants are appropriate for both genders.

1 Like

The State Security Apparatus is looking into mandatory uniforms. Prison grey. Thoughts?

Weight requirement mandatory.

Private sector.

You’re absolutely right. Don’t like religious restrictions in the workplace? Get a new job.

My house. My rules.

Preach it!

2 Likes

Only in some situations acceptable to liberals.

1 Like

I am in favor of mandatory pants laws in some cases.

What do you think of those Democrats who are pushing for businesses not to serve Republicans or NRA members?

1 Like

Though that is true, it is not relevant.

Mostly.

Of course it is.

As long as the objections are based on deeply held religious belief, what’s your problem?

The specific case is over a funeral business. The last thing grieving patrons need is some gender dysphoria sideshow tainting the funeral of their loved ones during such an emotional time.

There might be some government employment role that would have a similar impact, but I can’t think of one, so I can get behind your position here. Same for the vast majority of corporate jobs.

I could see a middle eastern restaurant requiring a hijab to create atmosphere.

Or alternatively, belly dancer garb.

Or an Indian restaurant requiring the maitre d to wear a turban.

Likewise, someone else’s house, I shouldn’t care about their rules.

Not my circus. Not my monkeys.

1 Like

Unless you’re The King of Monkey Island.

1 Like