Does congress have the right to Trump's tax records?

Are you calling me a liar?

I PROVIDED you with the place where you can find exactly what I stated.

M

You provided a 300 page document and said it’s somewhere in there. You don’t remember where. You can’t provide a quote because you don’t have the time to find it.

Then you task me with finding the quote that proves you right, as if I did have the time to prove your assertion.

It’s not my job to prove your assertion.

Why can’t you find the quote? Because it’s not in there and you’re hoping I don’t read through and tell you it’s not.

And even if I did read it and tell you it’s not in there, I know exactly how you’d respond.

2 Likes

You are sure. That’s interesting. How?

Diggity dang dang copy snd pasted everywhere

Exactly?

It’s there.

If you want it READ IT.

If you won’t read it it isn’t my job to do your homework for you. I already gave it to you. You’re just making excuses, now, and boring me to tears - the worst sin of all.

M

Yes, exactly.

I stated that Glenn Simpson of Fuson GPS hired Christopher Steele for his expertise with Russians and connections to Russians.

That was SImpson’s testimony.

M

And that was somewhere in the 300 page link you submitted that you told him to sift through to find was?

Yes.

Glenn Simpson’s testimony.

M

300 pages

Start reading.

It’s actually pretty instructive.

M

No thanks

I guess we’ll see how the court rules, probably some time in 2021.

I read it. It took a few days but with double spacing, not the longest thing in the world.

Interesting read but much of it very technical and not useful to average individuals.

There is nothing in the transcript that backs up your statement.

Now, I won’t call you a liar. But you’re wrong.

2 Likes

Which is the whole goal. Drag it out until after the election.

They know they’ll lose. Run the clock out.

I agree he was hired for his expertise. I wasn’t asking about that.

I was asking how you know that Steele paid Russians for information.

That’s not in there.

Don’t treat everyone else like idiots.

1 Like

Way off base. Congressional oversight does not extend to investigating individual taxpayers. That is the job of the IRS and DoJ. If the Congress requested the returns of Trump and 1000 similar entities returns to determine if patterns could be detected in returns that allowed those entities to avoid paying taxes that were not intended to have been avoided in the laws the Congress passed so they can tweak those laws to clarify what their intent might have been… that’s oversight. If the intent of the request is to receive in closed executive session what the law would not otherwise allow them to get for the purpose of “accidentally” leaking that information in an attempt to politically embarrass the President… that’s not oversight.

Congress oversees the IRS and the DoJ.

And Trump isn’t some random individual. The statute was written specifically to investigate conflicts of interest in high levels of government

No it wasn’t. That’s just your twist on it. The statute was written to avail the Congress of information the Congress deemed it may need to perform oversight. The Congress is not empowered to investigate any individual, never has been, never will be. And yes, in the eyes of the Law the President is no different than any other random individual. Becoming the President does not strip you of your constitutional protections. Conflicts of interest would be investigated by the Government affairs committee. They can begin by determining if there is any basis to start a congressional investigation that goes beyond “it’s Trump”, then move on to investigating themselves and determining just how it is members of Congress end up getting so wealthy on Congressional salaries. I’m sure they’ll find a few land deals and highway money in there somewhere. Exactly how does one determine weather any President is acting in his own interest or in the interest of the nation at large in the execution of his duties? Are government contracts going to Trump entities? Beyond that, there’s not much that could be found that means anything.

I believe that a tall bold is about $1.50.