Does congress have the right to Trump's tax records?

How do we know the IRS is doing it’s job?

Sounds like exactly the sort of thing our Congress should be doing.

Was Trump the object of the investigation?

All you are doing is speculating.

Speculation is not fact.

Because they have a specific reason they want the records which has nothing to do with what SDNY might be investigating.

It’s as if no one read the letter Ways and Means sent when requesting the records and are instead substituting their own take on the matter.

Imagine that!

1 Like

It is the job of Congress to look into it.

Full Stop.

To say otherwise is quite silly.

1 Like

Well, consider that in 1789 Congress was investigating someone. I would imagine some of the framers were still alive and I didn’t see any complaints.

Read the link to better understand the historical context and what they used as a model for Congress.

And if you disagree with the Supreme Court that is fine but the country doesn’t follow your interpretations.

1 Like

The Southern district has not an unbiased organization. They are an arm of the DNC. They are not reliable. They have one goal. Get the President. What evidence for investigation have they mentioned?

The US Attorney for SDNY is a Trump appointee.

3 Likes

Yep. Just an arm of the DNC. That Trump appointed US Attorney for SDNY is just a Democratic plant. Great take!

1 Like

Funny enough… I am reading a Book about the SDNY called “The Chicken ■■■■ Club”

And guess what that book is telling me… that everything that you just typed is complete fantasy.

1 Like

So? What is the evidence for an investigation? Same as Mueller?

What investigation are you referencing exactly?

Every now and then you find something on the lamestream media that is a suprise. 49% say IRS should release his tax returns to congress 50% say no.

No direct link to the poll (yes I took it), went back to the msn news article it was at the bottom of and the poll was different. Article is neither here nor there and was unimportant.

And the truely funny part is the civicsciense part: No question on the poll as to what media I watch for my news.

There are so many it is hard to keep track.

1 Like

So sick of hearing “party over country” from people who supported a bogus political witch hunt for two years.

It was not a “bogus political witch hunt” by any stretch of the imagination. There was more than enough reason to investigate the plethora of shadiness occurring across all levels of the Trump campaign and through his election and inauguration. Only someone putting party over country would suggest otherwise. Own it man. It is obvious. So why deny it?

3 Likes

The bogus political witch hunt started and maintained by Republicans?

Get real.

1 Like

It is amazing that because their actions did not rise to the level of criminal activity being able to be proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, that this somehow equates to a bogus investigation. The actions we know about, that are in the public arena, are horrifically un-American, unethical, and incredibly disturbing. But because they are not able to secure convictions of these traitorous activities, then that means it was all fake. The very definition of party over country.

This travesty was taken up by all Democrats wanting to overturn the results of the last election. Are you saying that I was wrong in saying it was supported by Democrats? And it started with a fake dossier that turned out, after being hidden from the public for a year, to be nothing but opposition positions prepared by the DNC.
Accept the truth. The conclusion of Muellers report and the DOJ review are NO COLLUSION. The properly redacted report will be out shortly…after being told for two years Mueller should take his time to complete his job don’t tell me one month is too long for the DOJ.

Rosenstein literally put country over party by appointing Mueller.

That makes him a traitor (to some, literally).

2 Likes

Answer this honestly Doug. Are you perfectly accepting and content with all of the actions taken by the Trump campaign, prior to the election? You find absolutely nothing wrong, whatsoever, with what we know from public reporting they did?

From Manafort revealing internal polling data to someone affiliated with Russian intelligence, while Russia was actively attacking our elections, to Roger Stone communicating with the GRU, to Trump Jr., Kushner, and Manafort taking a meeting with someone they knew was connected to the Russian government and was reaching out to provide them assistance, as Trump was their preferred candidate?

All of that, and more, is just perfectly acceptable in your eyes for a campaign for President of the United States to engage in? Totally ethical and completely cool?