Dobbs watch thread (Row v Wade Overturned)

Undo? Hell, a lot of them don’t think it was real in the first place, him being born in Africa and all.

Poor beta-male-types can no longer manipulate that poor girl into murdering her child after manipulating that poor girl into letting him get her pregnant.

Quick! Get the fainting couches!

:rofl:

3 Likes

just like outlawing guns stops illegal gun ownership and use huh?

1 Like

Exactly.

Though for the last few months we have had clients who are now introducing travel and lodging benefits on their health plans for women who cannot get abortions in their home state. Which is great and very forward thinking of them.

2 Likes

Oh and Obergfell was in the crosshairs before this ruling, because it was a crap ruling.

from Justices Thomas, Alito slam Obergefell same-sex marriage decision as Supreme Court denies Kim Davis case | Fox News

Justices Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito said Monday that Obergefell v. Hodges, the Supreme Court case that mandated all states recognize same-sex marriages, is “found nowhere in the text” of the Constitution and threatens “the religious liberty of the many Americans who believe that marriage is a sacred institution between one man and one woman.”

The statement was written by Thomas and joined by Alito about the case of Kim Davis, a former Kentucky county clerk who said she would not give same-sex couples marriage licenses. The two justices said they agreed with the consensus of the court that it should not take Davis’ case, but only because it did not “cleanly present” the “important questions about the scope of our decision in Obergefell.”

Thomas and Alito dissented from the original Obergefell decision and their statement Monday could indicate that they would vote to overturn it if presented the chance.

Anyone else find it odd that to overturn Roe the argument is that there is no precedence from the 19th century but to overturn a 19th century gun law they make no such argument?

3 Likes

I don’t agree with violence.

I just find it funny that now all of a sudden it has become a concern because of the left

it wasn’t “all of a sudden”

i know the cognitive dissonance of the left needs this narrative to cope with this decision

1 Like

Because of the left engaging in widespread violence previously and currently threatening more of the same you mean.

3 Likes

What? You don’t remember when we were for violence? Me either.

3 Likes

Also increases later term abortions because access is restricted

Nothing is more violent than a leftist that didn’t get its way.

:wink:

3 Likes

Over abortion?

Show your work.

Angry words were thrown on Jan 6th though. It felt good to cuss. :rofl:

Wonder if this forum will be supportive if protestors decide to bring a city to a halt by blocking traffi like they were with truckers?

But hey ho. There should be no violence or attacks on property regardless of what someone is protesting. Dont care what someones political affiliations are, violence, threats etc have no place in our society and should be condemned by all.

2 Likes

No. The conservatives on the court have been retconning for decades. For me, that was clear by 2000.

But where’s the celebration? Is there a cause Republicans have nurtured and fed for longer (not counting stuff like axing Social Security and Medicare)? Seems weirdly anticlimactic for the right.

3 Likes

From https://www.dailywire.com/news/dhs-warned-catholic-church-about-a-night-of-rage-following-roe-laid-out-in-manifesto-report

Better arm up Catholics.

Did you support mandatory vaccination? Or allow people to threaten those that haven’t with their livelihood?

3 Likes

ooh. boom.

1 Like

Here you go, Yay!

4 Likes