Do you genuinely believe that Trump is a good leader to have in a time of crisis?

The people that know Donald Trump and know the history of our Country say that Trump is the hardest working President in history. Trump is a hard worker and has probably gotten more done in the first 3 1/2 years than any President in history. The Fake News hates it!

Trump works from early in the morning until late at night. He hasn’t left the White House in many months (except to launch Hospital Ship Comfort) in order to take care of Trade Deals, Military Rebuilding etc. I read a phony story in the failing @nytimes about Trump’s work schedule and eating habits, written by a third rate reporter who knows nothing about Trump. Donald Trump will often be in the Oval Office late into the night read and see stories that he is angrily eating a hamburger & Diet Coke in his bedroom. People with me are always stunned. Anything to demean!

When will all of the “reporters” who have received Noble Prizes for their work on Russia, Russia, Russia, only to have been proven totally wrong (and, in fact, it was the other side who committed the crimes), be turning back their cherished “Nobles” so that they can be given to the REAL REPORTERS & JOURNALISTS who got it right. I can give the Committee a very comprehensive list. When will the Noble Committee DEMAND the Prizes back, especially since they were gotten under fraud? The reporters and Lamestream Media knew the truth all along lawsuits should be brought against all, including the Fake News Organizations, to rectify this terrible injustice. For all of the great lawyers out there, do we have any takers? When will the Noble Committee Act? Better be fast!

:rofl: :joy: :joy:

Was that “third rate” or “third grade”?

Probably. It is quite possible that he had intuitive knowledge that this was worse than he was being told by WHO, but that the hard data to prove his intuition was being withheld, leaving him no objective reasons to move sooner and more radically. Imagine the press’ reaction if he had simply imposed his gut feelings on the nation earlier.

Don’t feed it. It’s not a sincere question.

Trump will be a more experienced President in his second term and be even more effective that his first term.

4 Likes

How has been Trumps leadership lately?

Not that good.

You still looking to be lead by someone?

Reflecting on the words spoken by President Bush and comparing them to the words spoken by Mr. Trump I have to say President Bush sounds statesmen like.

I’d rather have a President who didn’t rush us into a war even if he didn’t sound statesmen like.

what did you vote for trump to do, if not lead the country?

Set policies, which he has done quite well and mostly in accordance with how he ran and in a way which I approve.
So yes, I suppose that is leading.
When a lot of people talk about leading they seem to mean inspirational speeches. That sort of thing would be nice, but really not critical.

3 Likes

I would guess he was elected to represent the interests of the citizens who have been forgotten by career politicians, who have been too busy strategising towards increasing their own wealth and power; andvto be a check on a rogue legislature and a rogue judiciary imposing controls on citizens that contradict the spirit of the US Constitution.

The amount of opposition he has had is unreal. Jeff flake and McCain didnt help. I think trump has done well inspite of that

He’s ready to be President now.

He was the right man at the right time. His handling of 911 was Stella the follow up i.e. the wars maybe not so much but he was the right man at the time

So is that not leading?

You asked,

The separation of powers means that no one person leads the country purely by reason of their title. As the saying goes, “He is no leader whom no one follows.”

If Nancy Pelosi impressed the nation as a person worthy of emulation, she could lead the country from the House Speaker’s chair. If Mitch McConnell impressed the nation as a person worthy of emulation, he could lead the country from the Senate leader’s chair. If a hairdresser impressed the nation as an example of a gutsy freedom loving work ethic, she could lead the country from a courthouse dock. Leadership is not just having enough fire power to order people around.

Trump was not elected to lead. He was elected to serve the citizens by doing his best to implement the changes he promised them on the hustings he would make to US policy, despite all resistance. If he does that, many citizens will get behind him, and he will be a leader. If he does not, or he will be regarded as a liar by all citizens, and no one but other liars will care to follow/emulate him.

I don’t.

Besides tweeting and staging photo ops , he hasn’t done much.