Do you believe in Love at First Sight?

Do you believe in love at first sight? I’m being serious. I mean real love
between humans.

It happened with me and my wife sometimes you just know when you meet the right one

1 Like

That’s cool.

Years and years ago, this beautiful blonde walked into a classroom and I was mesmerized. The instructor said that where ever you sit the next day, would be your permanent seat for the semester. I waited for her to sit down and then jumped in the seat beside her. That’s how I got to meet her and today, she’s my wife of 35 years. Yes, I believe in love at first sight and am practicing what I’m preaching.

1 Like

Physical attraction can happen at first sight, but the deeper parts of “love” that are the bedrock of a strong relationship can only come with plenty of time getting to know someone.

1 Like

No I don’t believe in love at first sight.

Lust at first sight, or that feeling that you’ll be seeing someone again, or more frequently, yes.

But that deep respect that is love? No. That develops over time and getting to know that person more on a daily basis.

1 Like

Perfectly said.

1 Like

Chemistry / attraction at first sight, sure.

But the willingness to choose, as an act of the will, to be committed to someone is a step beyond.

Maybe the transition from attraction to real relationship is smooth and seemless for some, but when people confuse an emotional state or fascination with the commitment that needs to be added to make endurance possible lotsa not good things tend to happen.

2 Likes

No, I don’t believe in love at first sight.

Between two humans? No.

Between a human and a beer? Yes.

2 Likes