Do We, As US Citizens, Have A Right

I wish that was my post.

You need the man permission.

I already addressed keeping it on my side of the fence.

Again…if they’re fouling up your the air, water or land then sue em.

Yes, just like with the 2nd Amendment and pretty much everything else.

Authoritarian high modernism. Believe it or not.

One thing that always makes me smile is people who claim the government is protecting their property values by controlling their neighbors. Why would the government want to do that?

Because it gives em power.

3 Likes

I read something interesting about it in my book. It seems a choice was made here to force compliance for some reason. He hasn’t explained why yet, he may not know. He compared to some other country, Sweden maybe, where the choice was to be more supportive than authoritarian.

State’s rights.

It’s hard not to wonder how a bunch of self professed small businessmen are confused about how all this works?

2 Likes

states don’t have rights, they have authorities, which is the antithesis of rights.

Mmmm the Bill of Rights is not incorporated?

It’s hard not to wonder why you tried to build that particular strawman.

1 Like

Not all of it.

It’s not a strawman. I’ve only had to establish LLCs for freelance work and tax shelters and it’s not exactly a mystery who licenses businesses.

No? Which part isn’t?

It is a strawman. Either that or you don’t understand the question.

Congratulations. Freelance bell hop? I didn’t know that was a thing.

2 Likes

You have the right to apply to open a business in your house or on your property. Your local government has the right to say nope. Don’t like it? Then change the local government.

From whence this alleged government “right”?

Powers not delegated by nor prohibited by the constitution are left to the state. This includes regulating businesses…

Absolutely correct. This is not a matter of what authority is given to the government by the constitution, as it would (or should) be if we were talking about the federal government. It is about a right retained by the state. As far as a nationwide issue goes, what constitutional right or authority blocks the state from having zoning power? If there is no such article in the constitution, we are talking about an issue each state must decide for itself.