Do local public accommodation laws apply to Twitter, Facebook etc.?

Just you wait. Jones is playing the long game. Any day he’s going take down the government.

1 Like

Jesus another stupid ■■■■■■■ thread from this guy.

1 Like

So now we should set laws based on hypotheticals?

So I guess I just have to assume then that Conservatives take ownership of Alex Jones and this everything that spews forth from him.

I’ve been reassured that’s how this works.

2 Likes

Hogwash…

All the time. Laws are set for future circumstances, not ex post facto.

No- usually they are set ex post facto.

That’s why they’re constantly being changed and updated.

But in this case…there’s absolutely no reason to assume something that hasn’t happened yet and make a law about it.

Worse…would be ridiculous to make a law that declares that free speech also means the right to a private platform just because said platform reaches a lot of people.

Who in the world told you that?

The Constitution. Congress shall make no ex post facto laws.

I think you’re confused about what that term means. You tried to argue that laws are made based on hypotheticals. That is not the same thing as ex post facto.

1 Like

I think youre confused as to what I said. Laws are made for whatever reason legislators wish, and yes…they can and should consider hypotheticals, not just past events.
But yes, it does look like I was saying that laws aren’t written considering existing problems, and that is wrong.

Please cite the law or court case that is requiring the Boy Scout to admit girls…

The BSA has prevailed in every suit I can find… the courts have repeatedly ruled that they are a private organization and can set their own membership standards.

The BSA has been making POLICY changes like admitting girls because membership has fallen in light of their prior refusal to accept atheists, homosexuals, etc. to their membership. This has NOTHING to do with laws or the courts. It’s people CHOOSING to not have their children in an organization that discriminates.

2 Likes

The LDS church, which has long propped up the BSA, is still extremely old-fashioned. The only leadership positions in the church women can have is over kids and other women. The LDS church (and evangelicals in general) wants girls learning to sew, and cook, and store food, and raise the family while the boys learn to camp and tie knots, and survive the wild (or at least do CPR and read a compass :rofl: ). I think that’s why there’s such a big resistance to what the BSA is doing-they were starting to see the impact of refusing to allow all kids to participate-after all, given the values the BSA promotes, we SHOULD want all youths to have the opportunity.

No idea where that idea came from that the BSA was compelled to allow any of this-it was purely their choice. WHO AM I KIDDING!??! Of course we know where it came from-the “fair and balanced” “conservative media” that “balances out” the “LSM.” That was a really bad argument to try to use to defend the idea that social media would currently not be in compliance with PA laws.

Facebook, Twitter would be classed as private club as you sign up for them.

There’s no way they either can or should consider a ton of hypotheticals for which there is no evidence.

There’s no evidence…except in feverish right-wing minds…that Facebook and Twitter are discriminating against right-wing beliefs.

Therefore there is absolutely ZERO reason to be considering laws governing platforms.

There are two words that describe what you are asking for…the boogeyman of the nineties for right-wingers when folks like Rush Limbaugh were coming into their own.

“Fairness Doctrine”.

Is this what you really want?

Do you want the government monitoring the Sean Hannity Show to make sure he’s putting on enough of the right kinds of each guest so all viewpoints are heard?

Is this what you really want?

You guys are a bundle of contradictions. How many more inviolate principles of small government are you going to sacrifice because you imagine yourselves as being bullied and silenced?

It’s pathetic. It really is.

4 Likes

A moderator removed one of my posts yesterday because it violated the board’s terms of service and a user reported it.

This is literally exactly what happened to Alex Jones. If someone would like to represent me legally so I can sue Sean Hannity, I’d love to hear suggestions. I’m pretty sure my case will be laughed out of court.

3 Likes

Dude. You’re getting shadow banned.

That happened to me yesterday too. I couldn’t figure out what it was that I said that got deleted.

mine was pretty obvious, but in context it should have been allowable. I’m pretty sure the mods are just censoring my liberalism.

At no point did I indicate that I wanted anything that you said “you guys” wanted.
You guys just make stuff up.

And how would a website be under the jurisdiction of such a city?