Do Joe Buck and Troy Aikman hate the military?

Let’s not go too far down the cancel culture rabbit hole.

I never watch sports and have never cut a check in this direction so my opinion doesn’t cancel anything cuz…it never existed. I’m simply speculating that if what he said gets exposed to the masses…he just damaged half of his market.

That is sort of my perspective on the matter, seems like a waste considering most stadiums are empty or just partially attended due to COVID. Would be better to wait until things normalize a tad.

As far as flight hours go, they can get them anywhere and there would be much less restrictions on air space if they weren’t flying over the middle of a city. Granted, there isn’t as much air traffic these days, but still…

1 Like

No…my guess is they are questioning, like a lot of people have, the NFL being used as a recruiting arm for the military, and the ongoing conflation of patriotism and love of country with the military.

It’s actually a real problem…of course I’m sure some won’t see it as such, but this weird fascination Americans have with equating the flag to the military is one of the root causes of the Kaepernick controversy.

1 Like

The military pays the NFL to have these displays over NFL games.

2 Likes

It’s a PR campaign for the military that has zip to do with patriotism.

Considering for much of our history the US didn’t even have a standing military, this conflation of military with country is not only anti-historical, it’s unhealthy.

How much?

We’ve had a standing army since 1791.

Historically it was very small relative to European powers except in times of declared war. But there has been a standing Army since 1791.

I think 1783-1790. State militias were relied on during that time frame.

Not even a decade.

It was miniscule until after World War II.

VelvetyAgileHarrierhawk-size_restricted

I’ve considered this case. My ruling: I give them a pass on the criticism of the flyover because of the empty stadium. Hanlon’s Razor.

No pass on “It won’t happen with Biden / HARRIS

Cancel them.

Not in the slightest.

It was very tiny and it wasn’t glorified and conflated with country, flag and patriotism to the degree it was today.

Which it shouldn’t be.

Sure, sure. Not in the slightest.

Why shouldn’t it be?