Do Dems Love America Also?

Cuomo has been on the struggle bus for awhile because of Cynthia Nixon.

LOL

It’s a complete mystery folks.

You don’t have to necessarily hate American to think it was never great. Kind of depends on your definition of great doesn’t it? I don’t hate meatloaf, but I wouldn’t call it great.

Err no, it implies it was once great, then wasn’t great. Not my favorite slogan either but quite a bit less unsavory then it never was from a typical voter standpoint.

You’re splitting hairs. Cuomo said it was never great (false), and Trump fans say it wasn’t great in 2016 (false).

Do most Dems love America also. Yes. I do. Always have, even before I was pushed out of the Republican Party.

Do I think America is great?

Yes, and with no thanks to Donald Trump who would, along with many of his followers, if he/they could, take us back to a time when America wasn’t as great.

It certainly is arguable whether America has always been great though.

Purely subjective and entirely dependent on your definition of great, there is no true or false involved. In both cases.

1 Like

And not only on your definition of great but also what you mean by America, do you mean the American government, it’s people, it’s culture?

I agree. The whole argument is kind of ridiculous in my opinion.

But what is a fact, is being a politician and saying America was never great is incredibly stupid.

Is that supposed to mean something?

Yes… the US was once great.

When was that and when did it stop?

I can bet you that any date that you say something can be brought up to show that the country was not living up to that promise of “Greatness”

We agree that it was a dumb way to say something that is true.

Like I said, not a fan of Trumps MAGA slogan either, so why would you expect me to defend it? I find the whole subject stupid and pointless, there is no set criteria for great, it’s purely subjective or even for what is meant by America, are we talking people, government, culture or what?

Cringed a little inside when I heard it.

Since one guy speaks for all libs, can I pick one guy to speak for all Connies?

This clip is from 6 years ago…and still applies today.

1 Like

It’s only cringe-worthy because Cuomo was saying it to appease the people who might vote for Nixon. He doesn’t believe in anything.

You’d think Democrats would have learned from the election of Trump that no one gives a ■■■■ about political norms, but you’d be wrong. Cuomo bailed on his “criticism” as soon as people got mad at him. Dweebs.

I honestly wish I could vote for Nixon, but she has comes out against the Film Tax Credits and that would be cutting my own throat.