District Court order vacating ghost gun rule stayed by Supreme Court

(ORDER LIST: 600 U.S.)

TUESDAY, AUGUST 8, 2023

ORDER IN PENDING CASE

23A82

GARLAND, ATT’Y GEN., ET AL. V. VANDERSTOK, JENNIFER, ET AL.

The application for stay presented to Justice Alito and by him referred to the Court is granted. The June 30, 2023 order and July 5, 2023 judgment of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas, case No. 4:22-cv-691, insofar as they vacate the final rule of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, 87 Fed. Reg. 24652 (April 26, 2022), are stayed pending the disposition of the appeal in the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and disposition of a petition for a writ of certiorari, if such a writ is timely sought. Should certiorari be denied, this stay shall terminate automatically. In the event certiorari is granted, the stay shall terminate upon the sending down of the judgment of this Court.

Justice Thomas, Justice Alito, Justice Gorsuch, and Justice Kavanaugh would deny the application for stay.

The Ghost Gun rule will remain in force pending the full consideration of the 5th Circuit and the Supreme Court, so at a minimum, through the end of next June.

And I think this indicates an excellent chance that the Supreme Court will uphold the Ghost Gun rule on review.

Robert’s clearly doesn’t have the absolutist view of the Second Amendment shared by Thomas and company and Barrett likely doesn’t either.

It’s a bit late. They’ve been sold for over a decade. I own 7 of them and if they think anyone is going to file paperwork for them…… I got a bridge to sell them.

If they ever come for them it’ll be time to feed the hogs.

3 Likes

I don’t like people having this inherent right. Take it away from them, (D)addy!!

3 Likes

What a stupid law with an incredibly stupid name.

3 Likes