Disney offical buy fox entertainment for 71.3 billion

Disney is now the largest media company on the planet.

The Walt Disney Co. has closed its $71.3 billion acquisition of large parts of 21st Century Fox, expanding its global reach and content portfolio ahead of the planned launch of its own video streaming service.

With the mega-deal, Disney, led by chairman and CEO Bob Iger, is adding the Fox film and TV studio, the FX networks, National Geographic, Indian TV giant Star India and Fox’s 30 percent stake in streaming service Hulu to its portfolio. The additional Hulu portion takes Disney’s stake in the streamer to 60 percent (with Comcast owning 30 percent, and AT&T’s Warner Media 10 percent).

Using fiscal-year 2017 data, Disney said in a regulatory filing that the new assets could quickly add about $19.3 billion in annual revenue and $1.6 billion in net income. In that fiscal year, Disney reported $55.1 billion in revenue and $9.4 billion in net income.

This is good news for Marval studio as now all their properties are all under the same roof (X-Man was owned by Fox) we might see more crossovers.

Disney=Hulu=Wall street=Greed=Billion dollar corporations=Liberal Democrat Hollywood.

Great Post!!! Disney is corrupt! It sucks that it aims so many shows,
to brainwash “little kids”, just like Liberal Colleges(aka Schooling/Liberals) do.
:frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face:

Not all.

Spiderman and all Spidey affiliated properties are still owned by Sony. They loaned Spidey to the MCU but Sony still has his rights meaning in the future Spidey could be out of the MCU again. And the deal only applied to Spidey so other characters under the Spidey stable like Venom are not MCU properties.

And a few other character’s movie rights like Sub Mariner are owned by other companies but outside of some die hard comic fans I don’t think anyone much cares about them.

Might be too late for the actors I’ve grown accustomed to, but it would be really sweet to see an Avengers/X-Men/Deadpool collaboration.

1 Like

I’m still wondering where all of the “gay” actors from “X” men
went?

I was just disappointed is all. I mean they came out with the first several with
actors who were gay in real life, and I was all like yay! equality in movies, and
more gay people in movies. Just like humans excepting the x men in the movie,
they have gay people in the movie. Yay!

But then they came out with the younger X-Men, and a bunch of wolverine movies, and all of those gay actors went away, and I stopped watching them, because
I didn’t “feel” them being accepted anymore.

That and it kinda became like the Rocky series, or star wars, where they simply kept overdoing everything, and producing movies that kept getting crappier and crappier.

I loved the first 3 star wars from the 70’s and 80’s. I even liked the 3 after that with little Luke sky walker ,and with Hayden Christiansen. But after that it just got to the point where it was like, another star wars movie? ~Sigh.

Star Wars 5000! The Return Of Yoda’s great great great grandchild.

lol.

Or Rocky 20. The Walker version!

Yo Adriane, I’ve fallen, and I can’t get up!
Quick! somebody get Rocky a Life Alert!

lol.

I think that Jessie Smullets should be the next Spiderman.

He’s my hero. :wink:

Better yet, maybe he can act on the Disney channel, and teach
children his type of morality.

I thought deadpool is x-men

Nerd hat off

Nerd hat on

I suppose it depends on how you look at it. Deadpool is a mutant, and a part of the X-Men universe. But in terms of comic book canon he was never an official part of the X-Men team.

Nerd hat off

And in terms of the Disney/Marvel universe, it is unlikely he will ever again appear in his current incarnation again :frowning: Well, they claim they will continue to make r-rated superhero movies (i.e. Deadpool, Logan) but it’s going to be very carefully distanced from any other Disney product (meaning no crossovers as it would contaminate the other series).

I read the statement of some Disney executive somewhere that said something to that effect - there will continue to be R-rated superhero films, but any collaboration with the rest of the MCU universe will be family friendly.

I know a lot of people who work for Fox. A bunch of the people who fell under the new Fox company are pretty happy… the ones who fell under Disney, not so much. There’s going to be a lot more pink slips handed out on the Disney side.

That stinks.

Nerd Hat On

He was assigned by X-men leader Cyclops to be part of Uncanny X-Force during the time it was the special mission strike force team for the X-men. Sort of the special ops unit of the X-men along with Wolverine, Psylocke, Fantomex, Archangel, and some I’m forgetting.

So he was on an X-team.

Nerd Hat Off

Traditional cable will be gone very soon after 5G rolls out. You’ll end up with 5 streaming packages

And it’ll cost you more than your cable bill.

1 Like