Did Harris + Newsome lack some empathy to take a photo op at burned down home in California?

Seems like this family is pretty upset and to me it seems pretty contrived.

See the article.

In it included a picture of Harris a California Senator-Dems VP running mate and the states governor Newsome posing for a photo around the devastation caused by a recent wild fire.

Meanwhile the family like probably thousands of other people are not legally allowed to go back to their own burned down residences.

Please chime in on your thoughts here…

My thoughts are that this is a stretch. Lol.

1 Like

The picture is as senseless as the display of wearing those masks. In fact, it’s that level of intelligence that is complicit for the destruction they are getting photographed with.

Game changer. I don’t see how the Harris/Biden campaign survives this scandal.

3 Likes

So you think it’s scandalous JimmyC?

I just thought it was perhaps a missed opportunity to be with some of these devestated families and show at least some moral support is all.

Yes it was in poor taste and should not have happened.

The campaign needs to stop this type of campaigning.

Politicans need to stay away from disaster zones.

2 Likes

Much ado about nothing, except for the comical concerns about “lack of empathy”.

Nothing wrong with public figures touring disaster sites, the fact that the Governor and Senator of a State (she is a Senator of that state, may I remind folks) are touring a town devastated by fire is fairly routine and reflects, if anything, empathy.

Trampas Patten, the son, is a climate change denier. Whether that has anything to do with this is debatable but it may have some influence as to why he is complaining about them touring a house he doesn’t even own, his parents do and they haven’t complained.

1 Like

She did meet with evacuees at a red cross shelter.

Trump should stay away from disaster area photo ops.

9!

9 posts till the arrgh

doing better

1 Like

democrats dont take pics unless it serves them politically. they are masters of pandering and dont give a damn about the actual victims, constituents etc

proof: twilight joe’s atomic cringe-bomb “despacito” appearance.

2 Likes

Yeah. Democrats do that. Evil democrats. Republicans have never done stupid ass pics in disaster zones. Do you want the video of Trump throwing paper towels to people? And that’s off the top of my head.

was he actually helping people or just standing around being fake while the cameras snapped?

like this colossal idiot:

Trump was more act like an ass and then lie and complain about funding to Puerto Rico and then denigrate their leaders:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1166723477879087104

all narrative bs. but thanks anyway

No argh involved. Just highlighting how silly it is to suggest high visibility politicians stay away from disaster areas. They ALL do it.

Trump just today announced a $13 Billion aid package for Puerto Rico.

1 Like

You’ve got to be ■■■■■■■ joking everyone.

5 Likes

St John’s is often called the “Church of the Presidents”. I imagine another President going to that church like Trump did in similar circumstances would probably been more widely praised. Still believe too many, many people beyond Trump supporters appreciated his “good faith” gesture.