DERSHOWITZ SCHOOLS WARREN: ‘Presidential Candidates Should Have a Better Understanding of the Law’

Originally published at: DERSHOWITZ SCHOOLS WARREN: ‘Presidential Candidates Should Have a Better Understanding of the Law’ | Sean Hannity

Alan Dershowitz ripped Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s “mischaracterization” of his presentation before the US Senate this week; saying presidential candidates should “have a better understanding of the law.”

“Warren doesn’t understand the law. My former colleague, Senator Warren, claims she could not follow my carefully laid out presentation that everybody else seemed to understand. This says more about Warren than it does about me,” posted Dershowitz on social media.

“She also willfully mischaracterized what I said, claiming that I spoke about ‘intent.’ I challenge her to find that word anywhere in my presentation. I talked about the difficulty of discerning mixed motives,” he added.

She also willfully mischaracterized what I said, claiming that I spoke about “intent.” I challenge her to find that word anywhere in my presentation. I talked about the difficulty of discerning mixed motives. (2 of 3

— Alan Dershowitz (@AlanDersh) January 28, 2020

(3 OF 3)
If Warren knew anything about criminal law she would understand the distinction between motives – which are not elements of crime—and intent, which is. It’s the responsibility of presidential candidates to have a better understanding of the law.

— Alan Dershowitz (@AlanDersh) January 28, 2020

“If Warren knew anything about criminal law she would understand the distinction between motives – which are not elements of crime—and intent, which is. It’s the responsibility of presidential candidates to have a better understanding of the law,” concluded Dershowitz.