Democrats want to set up Anti-Freedom China style Digital Currency

This is creepy, it will end badly. It will give total control of everything in your life to the government. It is absolutely frightening.

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/legal/the-dangerous-implications-of-cbdcs

1 Like

To be used to trade for items at the fema camp commissary.

3 Likes

No, to be used to control freak every aspect of your life. The continuation of the goal of the left to impose dictatorship.

1 Like

Like a fema camp or i don’t know say a civilian defense force.

1 Like

5 Likes

Because all fear of government power is paranoia and there have never been authoritarian or dictatorial governments that would grab too much power for themselves.
If China is doing it, it must be safe.

2 Likes

This thread isn’t about all fear. Trying to make it like this is totally normal is like making fema camps like def something those evil dems would do

But the reflex is admirable. Good on you.

1 Like

“My Administration places the highest urgency on research and development efforts into the potential design and deployment options of a United States CBDC,” the executive order reads.

“We know the implications of potentially issuing a digital dollar are profound. They’re extraordinarily wide-ranging,” a senior administration official told reporters on a call Tuesday.

Good. It would be stupid to be sitting here, in 2030, without a digital dollar.

When anyone tells you they want to be able to verify your identity because that’s a core function of banking they are lying.

1 Like

It is okay if commerce is anonymous by nature.

1 Like

I am already all digital. I cannot remember the last time I carried cash.

Most places have removed minimum transaction amounts for debit cards. I picked up a prescription at CVS the other week and paid the 37 cents using Apple Pay.

Yup. There is some places that won’t even take cash anymore.

But here’s the thing: that’s not government run, controlled, and monitored.

But unlike our friends on the right, I am not gonna set my hair on fire just yet. This is an EO for study. That still leaves us a long ways away from “anti freedom Chinese style digital currency”.

1 Like

It’s the start of getting us there. They wouldn’t do it if they didn’t intend to go all the way. Control freaks.

1 Like

Well, you are more than welcome to ignite your scalp.

I chose the much more reasonable option of waiting and watching.

We know the left much too well.

You sure do. Have a nice night!
:zzz:
:sleeping:

I really hope they don’t do this they will tax every damn transaction known to man. I am sure like many conservatives I feel they have bled us enough on taxes. They will tax every penny with this crap.

1 Like

It’s way more than that, they can wipe out your account any time they like over esg score, what you pay for (guns, ammo, donations, companies they don’t like, etc.). If you don’t think they will, just look at what they have been doing! They are so power hungry it consumes their souls.

2 Likes

There is certainly the potential for authoritarian control by giving this much authority to the government.
Want to buy an ICE vehicle? Sorry, your currency cannot be used for this.
Low ESG score? Sorry, we are detracting 2% from your balance.
Now how should we adjust your balance to further equity this month?

I would not trust the Biden administration with this kind of power.

3 Likes

I would not trust ANY administration with this type of power. We already have enough problems with credit scores.

I oppose any sort of new scoring system such as a social score.

4 Likes