Democrats Build Back Bankrupt Bill

How do those in power live in a place like Norway?

Never said that, nor do I believe that.

Why make crap up?

Pretty much like most other people in Norway, without ostentatious displays of wealth.

And no one is taxed half to death.

I’m not. That’s the end result of what the left wants, whether they realize it or not

1 Like

Yes, taxes are insanely high there, but, I’m sure not to you…Pfffffffffffffffffffffffft!

Nope, Seriously…no.

I understand the need to try to make those claims…but you are wrong…very wrong.

Taxes are higher…but not as much as you claim. there are many expenses, that are covered with the expanded social services, so it makes up for it.

And the good news, if one does not make a lot of money, they are still able to access the basics, including healthcare.

You sure?

Not only is the top marginal tax rate lower in Norway, life expectancy is significantly longer.

And the people are happier.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :+1:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :+1:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :+1:

Glad you think that’s funny.

Oh, BTW capitol gains taxes are also lower in Norway. And people in Norway don’t need to buy health insurance, that can easily run over $15,000 a year for a family here.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :+1:

That’s because they eat and behave healthier, not because they pay more taxes. Perhaps if they weren’t taxed so much, they could afford to eat more junk food and lay about playing video games and social networking like us. :wink:

2 Likes

Something the Norway is paradise crowd never mentions is that when you compare how well people from Norway do here to how well the people in Norway are doing the ones living here are doing much better, economically and life span wise. They always compare them to Americans in general because an apples to apples comparison shows that the people from Nordic countries who live here also do far better than the average American.

2 Likes

The fact that it needs explanation means you wouldn’t understand.

More likely you can’t explain. That’s OK, don’t worry.

Never said Norway is paradise, my point all along is/has been we could learn something from Nordic countries if only we were willing.

That’s fine.

But the data sets are different. You have to account for two very different societies.

Norway is pretty homogenous. The US is basically 11 different nations pushed together under one form of government.

The things that work very well there may not work as well here. You have to account for that.

2 Likes

No argument, but that shouldn’t be an excuse to maintain our current, less than optimal, status quo.

For example, a national healthcare plan can work here. In fact it already does for those over 65.