Democratic Party sues Russia, Trump campaign for allegedly disrupting 2016 election

The Democratic Party sued Russia, Republican President Donald Trump’s campaign and WikiLeaks on Friday, charging that they conspired to disrupt the 2016 U.S. presidential election, a court filing showed.

The party alleges in the federal lawsuit in Manhattan that top Trump campaign officials conspired with the Russian government and its military spy agency to hurt Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton and tilt the election to Trump by hacking Democratic Party computers.

The lawsuit alleges that Trump’s campaign “gleefully welcomed Russia’s help” in the 2016 election and accuses the Trump campaign of being a “racketeering enterprise.”

It looks as if the DNC has filed suit against a number of people and organizations, relating to the hacking of their system, and Russia’s interference in the 2016 election. Including the Trump Campaign, Russia’s Intelligence Service, Don Jr., Jared Kushner, George Papadopoulos, WikiLeaks, and others.

It is a multi-million dollar lawsuit seeking damages to the party. If the lawsuit progresses, then undoubtedly attorney’s for the DNC will try to utilize discovery to bolster their case, which could get uncomfortable for many people targeted by the lawsuit.

So, what are your thoughts on this? Is it a legitimate complaint, or is it a political play, aimed at keeping the pressure on and public interest continuing with respect to the Russian attack on our election?

And hooray, this is my first thread at the new site. :smiley:

It’s weak attempt to divert attention away from their own problems…specially now after it seems Russian collusion has collapsed all around em.

On side note since I can allow post 10 post per day, I’ll have to edit this post or limit my reply.

I suppose we’ll see if anything comes of it. Regardless, the DNC is most definitely interested in gaining politically from it; this is what politics is, after all.

(by the way - I’m loving the new “highlight and quote” feature, mods :slightly_smiling_face:)

1 Like

The investigation into Russian collusion with members of the Trump campaign is still being investigated by Mueller. So, I’m not sure how you have already arrived at the conclusion that it has “collapsed around them” as you suggest.

With respect to the posts per day, send a PM to GWHughes or Snow or Administrator. Or reach out to them on the old site, and they will move you to a Regular member. They are working on moving all of the old posters over as they have time. Obviously you would qualify for the upgrade.

I agree, politics is the likely play here.

It does remind me of the DNC lawsuit against Nixon for Watergate though. Which they sued for $1,000,000 and I believe settled for $750,000 on the day Nixon resigned.

And yes, the “grab quote” feature is an excellent trick! I’m really liking the new place.

Thanks for calling that out! That’s sweet!

Back to the topic at hand. Yeah, it is partly political for sure. On the other hand, it forces the Trump campaign and wikileaks to defend on another front now. It’s a possible avenue for discovery on a civil, rather than criminal front.

awww… Mueller was their great hope. But… alas… nothing is coming out of that zillion dollar investigation. “Hey” they think “maybe we can do some judge shopping” and still salvage some of our self respect."

1 Like

If the lawsuit stands and is allowed to proceed, there are going to be a LOT of people spending a LOT of money defending themselves. Did you read the number of people named in the lawsuit?

I can’t wait to see their proof. LMAO!

1 Like

One, we won’t know for a while. Two, it didn’t cost a zillion dollars. Three, the guy you voted for increased our national debt massively.

I hadn’t seen that until you prompted me to look at it.

Well, well.

It’s a seller’s market for legal services out there.

everyone who goes after Trump brings the universe down upon their own head.

Bring it on.

1 Like

:joy:

In deed it is. And I’m certain billable hours will spike through the roof for most all of the attorneys defending the multiple defendants in this case.

What a bunch of cry babies.:joy:

1 Like

Sure. But from a political perspective, how do you think it will play? As someone here mentioned, if nothing else it will force these people to have to defend themselves on yet another front with respect to the Russia saga.

I don’t think so. It will play like they are cry babies. America has moved on.

1 Like

i know, right? those Trump U students are licking their wounds. and all those women Trump is paying off, they’re hurtin’ too. and that lawsuit he settled for illegal immigrants tearing down that building to build Trump tower, they’re still crying.

Perhaps. On the other hand, there may be plenty of Americans that are still very must interested in the truth being revealed to the public, as we have a right to know what our employees, and their associates, have done.

I, for one, am very much interested in the Mueller investigation and what his final conclusions will show, regardless of what they may be. And to many people’s likely surprise, I am very hopeful for a full exoneration of Trump. I say that because I worry about the damage to our nation that would come from learning that the POTUS engaged in nefarious, unethical, or illegal activity to win an election.

the people around him however…

Manafort, flynn, gates. pappy, Cohen…

We’re not normal.