Defund Police Movement May Not End Well

Yes, the Boogaloo Bois are a danger to us all.

2 Likes

Absolutely they are. This coward is a true enemy of the people.

1 Like

Any type of extremist is dangerous.

I suspect that many of those who are rioting and causing violence have zero political beliefs. They are the for the ruck and a bit of aggro.

3 Likes

Proof that the horseshoe theory of politics is correct in that the extreme right and extreme left become almost the same in terms of actions - using violence and terror to get their way.

1 Like

Is this supposed to bait those on the “right” into some kind of disagreement? Of course, any type of extremists are enemies of cops and the public.

1 Like

So they took down a single crew with a Jalisco cartel plug who will be replaced inside a month by Sinaloa or the Zetas or Tijuana or just another Jalisco guy and about a week’s worth of dope and meth for their city.

1 Like

When you can do everything exactly as trained and be charged for murder for getting knocked down and concussed. Damn right cops are slowing down. The two cops in Atlanta who got fired when one of them shot Rayshard Brooks after Brooks took the taser and tried to shoot one of the officers with it. I fully believe the shooting was justified but even if you don’t how to you justify firing and charging the other officer who didn’t shoot Brooks. The one who was still back dazed from having his head slammed into the concrete and concussed. Even if you think the officer was wholly unjustified what grounds were there to charge the officer? It was a complete political move by a corrupt prosecutor in a re-election campaign to try and get the black vote.

But its not also just cops slowing down. Much of the carnage is caused by departments completely eliminating pro-active programs. NYPD for instance had a 600 officer street crime unit whose job it was to go out and make arrests of gangbangers on the street for weapons and drug crimes with the idea being if you get them in jail on minor stuff they won’t be out to commit murders later on. Soon as that unit went bye bye shootings and murders by gangmembers on other blacks skyrocketed.

2 Likes

Yeah this is not something literally any other profession could get away with.

You mean the NYPD had the SCU who randomly tossed blacks and Latinos “for weapons” using a bull ■■■■ interpretation of Terry stops and came up empty 99.9% of the time.

You’re also confusing the Street Crime Unit, which was disbanded years ago, with plainclothes anticrime details that were recently thrown back in the bag.

Maybe next you could brag about how the NYPD would block off whole areas and forced people to produce ID that proved they live there to even walk down a street.

2 Likes

Define mental health.

Here’s what’s happening in Minneapolis:

That’s not true. It happens all the time in all kinds of industries. It’s called discretionary effort and it is almost completely dependent on moral.

1 Like

Exactly what I and other cops said would happen. Minneapolis turned on its police which pushed retirements and resignations through the roof. What officers are left are spread so thin they can’t respond to many calls and can’t follow up on the ones they do go to. Meanwhile who the hell would want to be a cop there knowing that the city doesn’t support them so all that will be apply will be the George Zimmerman types.

Coming to most cities everywhere in the US over the next few years. Its just accelerated in Minneapolis since thats where the current mess started.

1 Like

I would imagine that they mean anyone who has been diagnosed with a mental illness. I don’t know how many there are. One article that I read said that a lot of the calls police get are for persons who seem to be off their meds and are threatening.

1 Like

When I was working on a truck, they were called EDPs-emotionally disturbed persons-and they’d tell you on the call most times. Though we called them crazies, obviously.

1 Like

“The Seattle Police Department is now dangerously understaffed. The number of deployable officers now sits at approximately 1,200, which is lower than it was in the 1990s despite the population increasing by 44% since then. According to KTTH-TV, the mayor’s office said in the coming months that number could drop even further, to 1,072.”

Why are police budgets sacrosanct?

Because money is a sign of respect. Arghl and or blarghl

Why is funding for Planned Murderhood?

2 Likes

Come on.

1 Like

An odd thing to bring up in a thread about police funding.

2 Likes