Defund Police Movement May Not End Well

Great success sorty out of New Jersey from 08/26/2020. The article (hat tip dailyvoice.com) talks about Operation Screen Capture, which was a collaboration between local law enforcement and their federal partners to take down multiple human pieces of filth. This thread is timely, as it relates directly to possible consequences of defunding police.

New Jersey Attorney General Gurbir S. Grewel said:

“Reports to our Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force of potential predatory conduct against children are up as much as 50% during the COVID emergency as homebound children, starved for outside contact, spend more time on their devices, and opportunistic sexual predators target them online.”

Expect fewer operations like this when anti-cop types want to defund the police. I hope people here show more support for the cops who put in work than they do they disgusting humans that were arrested.

Link to the article:

Yeah if we don’t let cops dress like Imperial storm troopers and drive around in MRAPs, we won’t be able to continue to do long term investigations with plainclothes detectives question mark.

5 Likes

I didn’t see anyuthing in the article about the MRAP or kitted up storm troopers. I am not arguing that. I think funding for police should be more focused on stricter hiring standards and training for operations just like the one above. Overmilitarization is not the answer to anything.

1 Like

Could probably have put this in one of your other pro police threads. Yes there are good cops, and there are cops who will kneel on a man’s neck in broad daylight even after the man is already dead without a care in the world.

1 Like

I’m so glad to know that libs are finally coming out as being against MRAPs for police.

1 Like

Agreed on both accounts. But the one scenario far outnumbers the other. Even so, the most negative is what the focus is on right now, not the positive. This has caused knee jerk actions and reactions galore. That is why applying the mistakes of a few on an entire profession is dangerous.

When have I not been against this? Cops managed to police the streets in the 80s and 90s, the most violent era since the Civil War with a revolver, a nightstick and a vest that could barley stop a .380 if they wore one at all, why the ■■■■ would they need military vehicles and weapons now, when crime is at 1950s levels?

2 Likes

I’m glad you agree. When I started a thread condemning this during the last administration (when it started), libs were all too in favor of the police having “adequate” protection. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I was one of the dudes agreeing with you then too. I trust police departments as much as street cops do, which is to say not at all and assume they’re going to ■■■■ us over if given half a chance.

1 Like

I probably would’ve been shocked to hear you supporting it and would’ve remembered if you had.

It was a strange time indeed. Libs were cheering on that cop killer being burned alive (on purpose) in that log cabin, encouraging the federal government to have a shootout with civilians, throwing their support for a militarized police force, etc…

At least they’re starting to come around… for now.

1 Like

Everyone against MRAPS, let me ask you how the cops should have handled a situation in my state without one. I’ll post a link to a news article which shows the house I’ll be talking about just so you can visually see what I’m going to explain.

Basically guy took his wife hostage at gunpoint and threatened to kill her. She was able to escape and call 911. When police arrive he opened fire. If you look at the pic of the house in the news article you see that its in a wide open area with no cover or concealment. Officers could not get close because he was shooting at any cops he saw. What the article doesn’t show so you’ll just have to take my word for it as I have seen the pics as they were shown at my PD is that the SWAT MRAP took numerous rounds from a rifle including many to the windshield as the SWAT team used it for cover and to approach safely. The bad guy here was shot and killed but thats because he got frustrated by his rounds not stopping the MRAP so he came out of the house and charged officers who were in cover behind it while shooting at them. I’ve seen the bodycam as again it was shown at my agency for training purposes.

This is why agencies have them as it keeps officers safe in situations like this.

1 Like

The only thing the defunding movement is going to succeed in is getting more black people killed by other blacks - we’ve already seen shootings and murders in the black community skyrocket since the police have been made to back off since Floyd.

And that the only people now applying to be cops will be the George Zimmerman types. He was washed out in the selection process by multiple agencies because they felt he was too aggressive, power hungry, and a loose cannon. We all know now this assessment was correct. But they could wash him out because they had others to choose from. What happens when his type is the only ones applying? You have to hire them because you have to fill the vacancy. People are going to be wishing for the good old days of early 2020 policing within a few years.

“Stop or I won’t do my job” is literally the worst reason ever. We both know that cops are doing slowdowns in protest, chasing the radio and that’s it. Intentionally making less arrests, not doing anything proactive.

2 Likes

What about a decade of debating me on here would have ever led you to believe I’m in the tank for the poh-leece?

1 Like

I never said you did. It only takes one voice from the left to spark a whole herd of agreement. That’s what happened when they were pro-militarized police. Departments should’ve never targeted former military for recruitment in the first place. War and law enforcement are two entirely different animals.

1 Like

Defund the police as long as citizens can take up the slack. :woman_shrugging:

One of the cornerstones of the defund movement is to relieve police from doing mental health calls. The idea is to have mental health professionals make the contacts and only call in the police if they are needed. And from what I have read, this idea is favorable to the majority of police chiefs who were asked.

2 Likes

Some people would likely think that, but check out this great work conducted by local law enforcment and federal partners who took down a significant drug-trafficking organization in the northwest.

From what I can tell, this monster of a case would have required hours and hours of surveillance, legal contacts by police to gather intel, solid warrant applications, review of those warrants by a court of jurisdiction, constitutionally-appropriate execution of those warrants, and also appropriate application of consitutional rights to anyone arrested, detained, etc.

Here’s a quote from the article hat tip DEA Special Agent in Charge Keith Weis by way of Skagit Breaking Community News):

“With today’s operation we have surpassed 60 arrests of members of highly organized transnational groups with tentacles reaching from Mexico to Puget Sound. They profit by pushing extremely dangerous narcotics such as methamphetamines, heroin and the worst of the worst – fentanyl,” said DEA Special Agent in Charge Keith Weis. “With our partners, even before today’s action, we took over 300 pounds of methamphetamine, 55 pounds of heroin, 41,200 fentanyl pills, 30 firearms; and more than $1. 3 million in drug trafficker assets off the streets. The dealers of these drugs are responsible for increasing levels of violence, addiction and overdose deaths in our communities.”

Does it sound like ignorance of the law and constitution helped to build a case on these thugs? I hope people in these threads have more respect for the cops involved in this case than the people arrested.

Link to the article:

My friend was a county sheriff and he told me that 80% of their training was learning laws. And he said that it was his experience that most people do not know what their rights are. I remember seeing a operation in New Jersey where cops would stop people getting off of buses that just arrived from Florida. The Cops would ask folks if they could search their bags. And most people would say yes not knowing that they had the right to say no and walk away. And a bunch of these folks that said yes had drugs in their bags.

1 Like

Human trash pile and former AF Sgt. (because he has forfeited his honor) has plead not guilty to murder. He and a buddy decided it would be good to use the riots as an opportunity to ambush police. What a coward. A true enemy of the people.

So, do you all think that the anti-cop rhetoric coming from BLM and the right has helped our country unite, or is it detrimental?

Link to associated article below:

1 Like