Definitely Collusion, I think. But is that a bad thing?

Collusion delusion!!! - Kellyann Conway

Here is an interesting op-ed that explores some possibilities relating to your questions.

Critically important to this analysis is the fact that federal bribery law – 18 U.S.C. § 201 – criminalizes such conduct not as of the date a candidate is sworn into office as Trump was on January 20, 2017, but rather much earlier as of the date a candidate is “nominated’ for office or “officially informed” that he will be so nominated. Those dates are July 19, 2016 or earlier, making Cohen’s allegation extremely significant.

1 Like

you assume I am saying it is ok for Trump to do it, A false assumption. On the other hand you seem to accept that it is ok for the dems to do it. It would seem that it is not equivalent at all. But please explain why you would say that two political operations meeting with the same bad party is a false equivalence. How are they different?

You’re insinuating that Cohen isn’t cooperating…LOL? Btw this comment is off topic.

If they’re already saying “Collusion isn’t a crime,” Im betting that means there’s going to be a “oh yeah they completely colluded” bombshell by the end of the week.

1 Like

Agreed, it always seems like they have a heads up about these bombs dropping.

I insinuated nothing of the sort. There is no evidence that Cohen is current cooperating with the either Mueller or with the SDNY Federal Prosecutors. Do you have evidence that he is?

And no, the comment is not off topic. It is in direct relation to the questions you posed in your post. Specifically when you asked, “Is this is a crime? What law is broken?” The op-ed provides a possibility for what law could have been broken here. But as the investigation moves forward, more will be told. Perhaps it will be nothing. Perhaps it will be much more than what we already can speculate on.

OK, it is relevant in the aspect of the legal ramifications. I want to see this whole debacle over and everything exposed that the chips will fall where they should. There are too many secrets for naught.

I recommend patience. This investigation has already yielded fruits of labor. Exposing the multiple levels of Russian attacks on our election process has made the whole venture worthwhile in and of itself. If people like Roger Stone and others in Trump’s orbit truly did nothing wrong, then they have nothing to fear by allowing the investigation to continue to run its course. And if you really want to see it come to an end sooner rather than later, then you should be demanding Trump sit down for an interview with Mueller, so that part of the investigation can finally conclude.

hehe, Giuliani claims they’re writing a “counter report” to the Mueller probe.

I’ve got an exclusive first look at it!
It says: Nuh-Uh, Fake News! You’re the colluder!

4 Likes

Something big is coming this week.

1 Like

I’m sure it will be ghost-written by Devin Nunes and his staffers. :rofl:

Rationalism is out on the left.

Just because Hillary paid for fake news from Russian through a British intel guy, doesn’t mean you can’t pretend it was Trump. It’s like pretending you are a girl, when you aren’t…LMAO!

A counter report?

Oh please please please please please please give us a counter report.

This is all kinds of wonderful.

Well…I believe if there was any real criminal act found by the Mueller probe, he would have brought them to light by now. I honestly don’t believe he has anything worth bringing up. I don’t believe in the MSM conspiracy theories feeding the hatred. The FISA warrant and dossier will hopefully become available for all to view.
Rosenstein (a signer of the FISA warrant) should recuse himself as he is not indifferent. Sessions was blindsided when pressured to recuse himself, It just doesn’t add up anyway.

It’s not a Law and Order episode. Cases aren’t always solved at the 50-minute mark, leaving five minutes for the confession.

How can they make a counter-report to something that’s not even out? I also thought they said Trump was innocent.

What the hell is going on with this recent flurry of activity?

IF a white person is driving 75 mph in a 55 mph zone and a minority is driving next to him, at the same speed. Which one is guilty of speeding?

Feelings are all well and good. But Mueller has proven that he is incredibly thorough, and this is an investigation that is looking into multiple parties across multiple nations and foreign governments. Something this large is going to take time. He has barely been at this for a little over 1 year now.

What specific theories are you referencing here?

The dossier is already available to read in its entirety. Have you not read it? The FISA warrant still has redactions to protect sources and methods. What possible good would come from exposing these to the public and to our enemies? However, the people who have actually seen it in its entirety, say that everything was clearly above board.

On what basis should Rosenstein recuse himself? DOJ ethics officials and attorney’s disagree. Why should we not believe their opinion on this matter?

Sessions did the right thing and acted with integrity in recusing himself. And DOJ ethics officials and attorney’s agreed with his decision.

1 Like

Well, in real life, the minority is more likely to be stopped and given a ticket, but they’re both guilty of speeding.

I have the sneaking suspicion that you’re in the wrong thread. I’m sort of hoping for that, because if that was an analogy about anything in this thread, it’s an absolutely brilliant Trump defense, and I expect Giuliani to tweet something like that soon.