Defensive interview to Trump Campaign

They had reason to suspect people in Trump’s campaign were working with the Russians. They had no reason to suspect people in Clinton’s campaign were working with the Russians.

Is that simple enough or do we need to knock it down a few more grade levels?

OH, so they were not “protecting” the Trump campaign from Russia with the spies like Clapper said. Then why not warn Trump about Page and Pop… ?

Page was already removed from the campaign when they started investigating him.

Wow, the way you choose to remain ignorant is amazing.

From the article, and countless others reporting on this that you could easily find and inform yourself if you chose to:

The email was a phishing scam that ultimately revealed Podesta’s password to hackers. Soon after, WikiLeaks began releasing 10 years of his emails.
In late October the firm SecureWorks identified a Bit.ly account and WikiLeaks-released email that appeared to have been used to attack Podesta’s account.

The Bit.ly service shortens web addresses, which can make them easier to share — and less likely to set off malicious website alarms.

SecureWorks found a Bit.ly account being used by hackers containing links to a spate of phishing sites with victim information encoded in the web address.

SecureWorks soon found the email, and Delavan’s response, in the WikiLeaks archive.

They don’t use the word “may” for no reason…

No one assumed that. No one said that. Just you.

Wut?

The “may” you quoted was in reference to whether or not the American IT guy "may " have been the reason why Podesta used the link.

Not whether or not he was phished from the specific email that sent the link. That happened.

Clapper said Trump should be happy he was spied on. He was protecting Trump. Did you miss that?

Ok, who said this:

hacking was the only way the Russians tried to attack Hillary

Fake news. Trump wasn’t spied on and Clapper never said he was.

Give me the video or direct quote please.

Are you hiding from the news?

Clapper: Trump Should Be “Happy” That The FBI Was “Spying” On His Campaign

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/05/22/clapper_trump_should_be_happy_that_the_fbi_was_spying_on_his_campaign.html

I can’t believe you haven’t seen it… https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/05/22/clapper_trump_should_be_happy_that_the_fbi_was_spying_on_his_campaign.html

You said spying on Trump. Clapper said spying on the campaign. Stop spreading fake news.

You ran with that nit pick…LMAO!

“But the FBI started to look into Trump’s ties to Russia in the summer of 2016. Trump tweeted that this spring – this spying, rather, this spying that he claims is spying, other people say it’s a whistleblower or informant. He says it’s spying, it’s bigger than Watergate. So I ask you, was the FBI spying on Trump’s campaign?” Co-host Joy Behar asked.

“No, they were not,” Clapper answered. “They were spying on, a term I don’t particularly like, but on what the Russians were doing. Trying to understand were the Russians infiltrating, trying to gain access, trying to gain leverage or influence which is what they do.”

Not a nit pick when I’m pointing out that you misidentified who was being spied on.

Fake news.

If that was true he would have put spies in both campaigns…Only one was a victim of Russia, and it was not Trumps.

sure, ok .

And when Trump is out of office these supposed Trump loyalists will claim that they never supported him.