Death Panels - Aetna to pay $25.5M for denying coverage

Jut like poll workers assist in bestowing the right to vote. Not sure what your point is.

Oh, but in sense, they are. Your previous post seemingly made the argument that doctors would be okay with this anyway, as their real business is helping people. That bit sounds good on the surface, but crumbles upon first inspection. If that’s truly the case, why do we have this current problem, then? Shouldn’t they be giving away their services now? What are they waiting for? The government to force them into it?

They literally aren’t.

The problem is capitalism.

Yes, the problem is always freedom.

LOL

Freedom to die because you are poor.

By your own measure, your comparison isn’t direct, poll workers are employees of the government.

You seem to be trying to make the argument that doctors will be “forced” to provide medical care. That makes no sense.

Because the poor are incapable of helping themselves, you call for others to help them through force of government. And hey, that’s fine. But it still is a part of the morality discussion even thought you really don’t want it be. At least you conceded that doctors aren’t in just to help people.

I don’t want a GoFundMe nation for healthcare. As we have now.

I’m cool with you and others talking about the morality of free universal healthcare being wrong because for some reason that will make doctors slaves. No one buys that ■■■■■

Y’all, if we provide universal coverage, then doctors are pretty much slaves. Because they can’t choose to not work or do something else, or something.

Such a stupid argument. I know, because I used to hold that position when I was a ridiculous libertarian and actually made the ■■■■■■■■■ rights argument.

3 Likes

Well, as a former New Atheist I can relate to being embarrassed by my political past as well.

1 Like

Force? Hmm, I don’t know. But if I’m understanding the current problem correctly, it’s that people don’t get the care they need due to cost. One proposed solution is government giving the right to that care to everyone. So my question is, how does the government compel people to do things they aren’t already doing?

By paying them.

So, what if they do just that, then? Not work, or do something else? That would make the problem worse, no?

By money from whom?

The single payer system.

1 Like

Buddy, you are swinging at windmills. You can be a conservative who supports universal healthcare. Last poll I checked the majority of republicans supported it.

Sure, but that’s no different than if they choose to do that now…

Single Payer System. Hey, that sounds great, everybody pays for their own care.

Literally no one wants a system like that.

1 Like