Death As a Part of Life

Why is it so many don’t want to acknowledge this simple truth? It is part of the Bible and Qu’ran. Not as familiar with other teachings.

I love this little guy. He’s normally pretty aloof, but acknowledges the book of life’s last page, providing comfort.

Contrast that to this professional:

If a nurse cannot accept that providing some level of comfort to a patient at the end, whether from a new virus or a long standing battle or severe injuries, is part of her job, she should do like a nurse my brother dated and pursue preventive care as a field.

I’ll take the cat’s comfort over that nurse’s attitude any old day.

We are aware that we are in a state of “is,” which implies a state called “isn’t.”

Someday we’ll go to sleep and never wake up, but only after waking up without ever having slept.

1 Like

The 4 Truths. Birth, aging, illness, death
Birth, Suffering, pain, death

The truth of “dependent origination”

It explains the 12 cause and effect steps leading from birth to death to rebirth or nirvana

Wikipedia:

Pratītyasamutpāda (Sanskrit; Pali: paṭiccasamuppāda), commonly translated as dependent origination, or dependent arising, is a key doctrine of Buddhist philosophy,[note 1] which states that all dharmas (“phenomena”) arise in dependence upon other dharmas: “if this exists, that exists; if this ceases to exist, that also ceases to exist”.

The principle is expressed in the links of dependent origination (Pali: dvādasanidānāni, Sanskrit: dvādaśanidānāni) in [Buddhism

I don’t think she couldn’t accept that she had to provide comfort.

It’s that she lashed out in a way she shouldn’t have…in the heat of the moment.

I prefer to take Eric’s view…the nurse did an ■■■■■■■ thing…she might not be an ■■■■■■■ though. Maybe it was the stress.

Can you tell us where in the video the nurse speaks? I’d rather not listen to that dude ramble