Dealing with depression, mental illness, and the sadder aspects of life

It’s the little things we take for granted when blessed with good health, mind and overall lives. I hope to find that before my waning years, I stop to smell the roses and wonder at God’s glory.

2 Likes

Lou, I’m sorry, my friend, that things are not all sunshine and roses for you. But I admire your optimism and pray and hope for many happy times for you in the coming years.

Physical pain is so hard on the psyche. It just grinds you down. I wish you well in dealing with that.

1 Like

I hope your wife can get better with her heart issues. Has she been referred to any sort of gym for cardiac patients? At least at first, patients are monitored after exercises for signs like blood pressure.

My dad still goes in his 80s. He suffered from heart disease that wasn’t obesity related, he wasn’t overweight at all, but needed to get moving around as part of his treatment.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lou, brother, I’m sorry to hear what you’re going through. You have friends here, lean on us for whatever help we can provide.

Oh, and I’m going to try this to see if it works. I’ve read that if you type @LouC, it informs said user. And I think gives me a badge. :grin:

2 Likes

Yep. I try to avoid it though, because I’ll be researching disorders and finding something small and then self-diagnose myself with that disorder (I suppose I have medical-student syndrome early??) but I’ll definitely take a look. Thanks for telling me about it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve learned the hard way that Dr. Google can be a lot more harmful than it is helpful. I basically have someone else Google for me now.

2 Likes

@LouC I’m sorry that things have been so rough for you. I’m glad that you have someone to truly share the burdens and joys of life. Many people don’t have that luck…
I hope for the best for you and your wife.

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that you are suffering, Lou.

2 Likes

Thanks. :hugs:

I do believe it is more painful to see my wife suffering all that she is enduring than it is for me suffering my own infirmities.

She is slightly better, but so far off from OK yet.

2 Likes

Thanks! Your kind words and thoughts are greatly appreciated.

When I tell my wife how folks here, like you, and Nik, and FlameHeart and others extend well wishes for her it really does have a positive and beneficial effect for her emotionally. It is nice to know she is thought of. Especially with how some in her own family seem indifferent if even aware of what she is going through.

1 Like

@FlameHeart

I read that post before you deleted it. I’ve felt the same way you feel. I’m glad you’re still here, and I hope you stay that way. I know I can’t say much that will make you feel better, but I hope you know we’re here to help if we can.

2 Likes

What a decision. Live with mind numbingly harsh, crippling; literally crippling pain. Suck it up. Scream inside for relief. Or go to the doctor, only to dance the pain pill polka. “If you want adequate pain relief you must go to the Pain Clinic”, just so that I might have some modicum of relief on days like today?

What a shame such a simple task, a pleasing task, setting up a raised bed garden plot, should leave me a crushed wreck at the end of the day.

Bummer.

I have never abused the pain pills I have been prescribed. I have never sought to be on them every day despite being in pain every single day of my life. No. I just want to have some for days like today when the pain goes from the 6 or 7 normal and peaks at 10 and won’t come down.

But no. We unfortunately have an “opioid crisis” so when I even bring up pain meds I get askance glances, the kind a person gets when they have been presumed guilty.

I know there is an abundance of caution coming from many doctors, as well as legislation already on the books trying to stem the opioid crisis tide, but cripes that causes us non abusers even more pain.

OK
SOAP BOX RANT IS OVER

1 Like

Oh, Lou, I feel so sad for you. I know how much you were looking forward to your new little garden project.

I wish there was a better way for relief of your pain, it seems like in this day and age we could have better pain control.

I suffer from a bit of low level chronic pain also, nothing as bad as yours, but it leads to anxiety and some days seems to fill up my brain. I don’t take medication for it, it’s not unbearable.

I wish you and your wife peace and softness in this time. Hugs to both of you.

2 Likes

Thanks! Hugs going back to you and yours! :hugs:

1 Like

Wow! Just when you think you got it bad. You just need to look around to be humbled.

Just saw a bittersweet nightly news segment where the parents lost their young daughter, but they donated her organs, and another young lady received the donor heart.

The young woman was doing so well that she was running half marathons.

The wow factor was she met with her heart donor’s parents. I have seen this before. However I had never seen a loved one listen to their lost one’s heart!

I don’t know how many emotions that would put me through? From sad to freaked a little to super happy.

Wow!

1 Like

it would be a waterfall if i got to listen to a loved ones heart like that

2 Likes

One of the saddest days of my life was watching my great nephew pass away at birth from a heart issue

1 Like

So terribly sad. My condolences, even now, I know it must still hurt. Many years ago, my wife’s daughter, just months old, passed away from sids. She had more healthy children later on but never really got over the pain of that loss. It really affected the whole family.

1 Like

I would imagine that would be part of what I would feel as well. Less being a cold uncaring emotionless human how could one not feel that way?

1 Like