Cuomo blames "Trump's CDC" for nursing home deaths

I made a thread about the truth of the “management” of the virus by the experts. Your observation is just one more example.

I also addressed where Cuomo got the idea in another thread.

Looks kinda vague below;

PolitiFact | New York’s nursing home policy was not fully in line with CDC

The top administrator at CMS, Seema Verma, pushed back on Cuomo’s claim that the state followed federal guidance. She cited a March 13 CMS document, which says that nursing homes should only accept those patients for which they can care.

My time here is limited, there is much that I don’t see or have time to read.

If we start looking into the truth of what happened, the national public health apparatus will have to be destroyed.

Best to let them hide in the shadows while we accept the narrative that it was the pols.

1 Like

Thanks, I added it to my thread.

I’m no fan of Andrew Cuomo, and there’s no doubt the policy could have been written better.

But there’s something you guys are missing here.

If these elderly COVID patients are discharged from the hospital, and their nursing home won’t allow them back in - where do they go?

Good question.

The thing that bugs about Cuomo is without the nursing home disaster, he did a really good at pulling New Yorkers together and getting their outbreak under control. Look at their chart. What they were able to do was pretty impressive.

While New York was forcing nursing homes to take infected patients, a hospital ship and field hospital at the Javits Center were nearly empty:

The governor has the chutzpah to peddle a book American Crisis: Leadership Lessons from the COVID-19 Pandemic. That should go with Avoiding Icebergs by the captain of the Titanic.

2 Likes

Of course. Send grandpa to the prison ship, and kick him out of the only home he has.

1 Like

Prison ship?

A covid specific facility for two weeks or until negative test and then back home like other states did with success.

2 Likes

USNS Comfort

Back home where?

To the nursing home that already kicked them out?

I agree with this. His tone and communication were good.

How long would their involuntary imprisonment last?

Where would they go, after?

After 8 months I know the concept of quarantine is understood.

This would be the textbook style quarantine of the infected until they are not infected.

The “textbook” style of quarantine is forcible imprisonment.

Should Trump have been forcibly quarantined after leaving Walter Reed, or does this only apply to grandpa?

Involuntary imprisonment?

To a designated covid-free nursing home or a covid nursing home if positive.

Or just stay on the ship until it’s all over.