CPAC in Hungary, with Viktor Orban as a Role Model

Or people’s reasonable concerns were ignored and they were called a bunch of racists.

Half of the support for dudes like Orban and Trump come from people getting sick of being called garbage by their supposed intellectual betters. It’s out of spite.

2 Likes

Chicken or the egg

He is a European creation Europe is racist. In its totality. Or an Eastern European creation

Being racist isn’t a crime in and of itself.

We all give China a pass for it.

2 Likes

And Japan.

2 Likes

And South Korea.

And ADOS bation.

2 Likes

And a lot of Latinos.

1 Like

No doubt, there were lots of factors that led to his election. You were being descriptive—I get it.

But people who choose autocratic or authoritarian governments, or destructive policies don’t then get to blame others (e.g., their opposing party) for their choices. It’s not even that I disagree with doing that; I can’t understand it. I can understand having to choose between ■■■■■■ options, but it’s still my responsibility.

1 Like

And Arabs.

1 Like

God they’re the worst honestly.

In actuality, whites are the only ones who get criticized for it.

Hegemony.

2 Likes

Yeah … but it’s the left’s fault that they are Fascist is a pretty weird argument to make.

Had the left listened to people’s concerns those Orban like people would have never had a chance at the ballot box.

1 Like

It’s not “the left’s” job to keep “the people” from becoming fascists.

If “the people’s concerns” are best reponded to by fascism, the problem lies with “the people’s concerns,” not the “leftists” who have chosen to not validate them.

If “the people” want fascism, ■■■■ “the people.” Those people are the bad guys.

2 Likes

No, it’s not weird.

It’s expected. It’s the oldeat excuse in the book.

3 Likes

They didn’t ask for fascism initially.

They asked for controlled immigration.

Cause ya know Syrians.

Then guys like Orban rode that into office and started being real facistas. Cause that’s how that works. They always come in on legitimate concerns. Then bam next thing you know you got secret police.

:rofl:

What the ■■■■ does that mean?

You’re looking at it through the wrong frame. Hungary doesn’t remember not having “secret police.” No one was tricked.

The left is responsible for the fascists.

Sorry man… doesn’t track.

They didn’t want a ton of Syrians in their collective backyards.

I’m saying they could have not rolled out the welcome mat for a reaction.