COVID-19 Deaths per million by country. US is #9

Confirmed covid-19 deaths/actual recovered covid-19 cases=infection fatality rate

Why is it recovered?

To even get close in size and Population to the US you have to add Spain, Portugal, Italy, France, Germany, and the UK together.

We’re also the number one destination for tourist and business travel from China as well the hardest hit countries in Europe.

We also had a handful of governors and mayors really screw t well into March which greatly exacerbated the problem.

Europeans don’t travel anywhere near the miles daily that Americans do.

Yeah…that’d be cool if you believed them? What I do believe is that they stopped the flights out of Wuhan to other parts of China but they didn’t stop them to the world. They are evil and 1000% responsible for this.

1 Like

China’s data is whatever advances China’s interests.
Validating draconian lock-downs as a containment strategy to have democracies lock down and strangle their economies worked for China to weaken the enemy.
A low Chinese COVID19 death rate versus an inflated US death rate suited China to create division in the US.
Now, a second outbreak in China, as the US begins to lift lockdowns, suits China to create anxiety over relaxing restrictions in the US.

But it’s all BS from China.

1 Like

There are thousands of potential smaller hotspots throughout the country though. For example, now the Texas panhandle is flaring up as TX relaxes restrictions.

It is not “flaring up”. That is a result of testing.

You don’t know that for sure. And it’s irrelevant really.

The more we learn, the more we test, the more we realize COVID isn’t nearly out of our population.

We failed miserably containing this virus. We did virtually nothing.

I just don’t get why so many are resistant to the policies we have seen work in real time.

1 Like

Yes, I do.

I didn’t say it is out of the population.

We failed miserably containing this virus. We did virtually nothing.

I just don’t get why so many are resistant to the policies we have seen work in real time.

We did exactly what the experts said do. How do you square the contradiction between your two statements above?

New York had twice as many new cases as Texas yesterday. Not to mention nearly 10 times as many new deaths. I just don’t get why you are so resistant to accepting that the shut down policy isn’t working in real time.

1 Like

So doing it that way, the death rate in Texas is .04. What is the death rate from flu? .1 wasn’t it? Which number is bigger?

there was never a goal to get it out of the population. That isn’t even possible. The goal was, and remains, insuring it does not overwhelm the health care system. so far, it has been a resounding success.

2 Likes

Arguably the health system coped with COVID19 cases, but was overwhelmed by the media and Democrat hysteria, in that all the hospital system’s other functions have been crippled by the hysteria.

1 Like

That should be obvious, can’t use people who currently have the virus, as they may die before recovering and that skews the equation.

Or they might recover, odds are on the latter. But ok. Numbers is hard.

Did the new cases come from those staying at home like in New York? The article doesn’t say? I wonder why?

I’ll play, .1 > .04

Instead of trying to lead me around like an invalid, just come out and say what it is that you’re wanting to say, save me a lot of trouble.

1 Like

If they were both equally transmissible this is a solid argument, but they are not.

What are the differences then? As far as I can tell, they are both transmitted from person-to-person in the same way.

Those cases were already “cooking” before we started relaxing restrictions. 2-4wk latency period.

The more we expand testing the more we’re going to find cases we otherwise wouldn’t know about.

BTW, why didn’t you run in here to post the fact that immediately following that one day peak the new case rate was cut by half?

One day does not make a trend by the way, I hate to bust your bubble but we’re dong fine.