Couldn't Have Said it Better Myself

I have a good enough understanding of both, yes. But we are not discussing theory. We are discussing policy making and governance. And no one can argue with a straight face that President Trump is governing like a fiscal conservative.

Nor is he governing like a social liberal.

So how do you reconcile your support?

Despite what you say, Trump is governing as a fiscal conservative. Whether LIBs believe he isn’t is irrelevant.

In regards to ideology, I mentioned but 2 Social and Fiscal. There are a great many others. As I’ve stated previously, I’m conservative on most issues - which is why I could never vote for a DEM.

But how many had any chance of sitting in the WH?

Anyone who was officially on the ballot in all states did

1 Like

What is your evidence?

This has nothing to do with being a constitutional republic.

Nope. I make it the biggest issue based on his words. If the man would simply stop blathering his every thought, and blaming everyone and everything, I could tolerate him. He’s entitled to his positions and opinions; he won and I grant him that.

What I don’t grant him is his profound ignorance that the words of President of the United States matter, and can create real problems if not disciplined.

1 Like

Supply side or Keynesian.

Trump is a supply sider. His tax cuts prove that.

In regards to the deficit, it is a given that tax cuts will result in short-term deficits. It is projected that we would need 3% sustained GDP growth to pay for the tax cuts. Time will tell. And don’t forget DEMs still have a very loud voice when it comes to the budgets.

Tax cuts……………

Seriously???

How do you figure that?

So policy is of no consequence, only character???

All I can say is wow!!!

Please provide some detailed examples to support the claim I highlighted in bold. What are the many ways President Trump is governing as a conservative?

Supply side.

If your are asking that kind of question, that tells me you really don’t understand economic theory.

Tax cut legislation.

Would you care to explain it to me and how exactly tax cuts factor into your argument that Donald Trump is a fiscal conservative?

That is one example that is very, very debatable, as the resulting exploding debt and deficit prove.

But even if that is granted, what else? What other ways is he governing as a fiscal conservative?

Nothing to do with teams and everything to do with ideology.

If you are a pro-choice, Keynesian why would you vote for a pro-life supply sider or vice versa???

No one seriously thinks tax cuts will fix the deficit.

If Trump is a test of supply side… then it is turning out to be a complete failure of the theory.

1 Like