Couldn't Have Said it Better Myself

For some time I’ve been attempting to explain why I continue to support Trump, why I voted for him in 2016 and why I will vote for him again in 2020. I’m currently reading Sean Spicer’s book The Briefing. While reading his book I ran across the following gem, which makes my case better than I seem to have been able to do here in this forum.

Whenever Sean was asked by Never Trumpers how he could support Trump, he replied:

“I told them what I tell everyone to this day: I wasn’t a Rubio guy, a Bush guy, or any candidate’s guy. I am a fiscal and social conservative who will take any Republican candidate over any Democrat any day of the week.”

Sean and I have some differences here, but his message remains spot on. Unlike Sean I was a Rubio guy and I’m a social liberal. But the key take away is that I’m an issues voter. I’m conservative on most issues and for that reason I will continue to support the Republican candidate, no matter how flawed their character.

3 Likes

Yeah, we get it. Some people vote for a letter of the alphabet. For them, nothing else matters - nothing.

10 Likes

Well, that’s pretty wishy washy, as Trump is not fiscally or socially conservative, and Hannity threw all the other Republicans out of the boat before trump even became the nominee.

4 Likes

Character, morals, and integrity are overrated.

4 Likes

Party over principals. Nothing new there.

Donald puts a “R” after his name and the partisans abandon principle to line up behind him. Nevermind that he’s a self-absorbed halfwit coastal elite.

“He’s got the R behind his name, that makes him better than those coastal elites!”

6 Likes

Great nothing about trump is fiscal nor can you be a fiscal conservative and a social co conservative…they dont mesh

Yes, voting for a letter of the alphabet (in this case “R”) regardless of what the candidate may believe, is being an “issues” voter.

[quote=“peek-a-boo, post:1, topic:89515, full:true”]I’m conservative on most issues and for that reason I will continue to support the Republican candidate, no matter how flawed their character.
[/quote]

Because Donald Trump is the epitome of a fiscal conservative?

This is awesome.

2 Likes

Imagine thinking that the Republican Party has governed with fiscal conservatism over the last 40 years.

1 Like

Is there anyone you wouldn’t vote for even if they were republican- or does nothing matter as long as they are republican?

But they rant about it once in a while, I guess that’s good enough.

But Trump is a psycho.

1 Like

It’s OK. He’s a Republican.

2 Likes

Republicans are the best kind of people.

1 Like

I wanted to be a Republican once, but I failed the character and fitness test.

3 Likes

You can retake the test after six months.

1 Like