Corruption in Politics

I would note that as a lobbyist, my activities are well regulated by law in many States.

For example, I cannot buy lunch or dinner for a State Representative or State Senator if we are meeting over a meal. It is strictly separate checks. In many cases, I can give nothing of value at all, even it I don’t ask for any specific favor in return.

In most cases, I am lobbying for the industry in general, not my company in particular, so I am would not be in the position of asking for a quid pro quo in the first place.

The laws could be better in some States, but lobbying is well regulated in many States.

Regulated yes, but not particularly well enforced because so much of it is practically unenforceable.

Due process and equal protection. If the commercial “press” is protected by the First Amendment so is everyone else.

How do you put a price tag on google? It may not be lobbying but anyone here thinks democrats would trying to impair/go after googles…when googles basically give them billions of dollars worth of positive coverage, searches every year?

2 Likes

Put a price tag on the value of overly fawning or dishonestly biased against one candidate or the other.

We expect advertisements by candidates to stretch the truth but the so called News Media is supposed to give us the unvarnished and verified facts unless it is specifically labeled as opinion/editorial.

1 Like

Some of these tech companies like Facebook, Googles and twitter are the golden goose of democrat party…libs won’t need other donations.

Those golden geese don’t lay eggs. What we need is a regular goose who lays golden eggs.

What pols and what changes?

Now now - he had to fill it up before he could start draining it. These things take time.