Corporate Deathwatch: Is Beyond Meat next?

Time to put some myths to rest.

(note: I definitely do not recommend you do likewise, this is just an example)

So how did he lose weight? He limited his calories to 1,800 a day.

You can sit here and debate it with me, but there is decades and decades of evidence linking calories and body fat.

Carry on!

No one said any different

1 Like

Twinkies, Nutty bars, and powdered donuts, yeah, I’d lose a lot of weight.

I’ve never once restricted a single calorie in the last 10 months of losing fat. Never skipped a meal, never left any food on the plate. 2k-3k calories per day, with 60-70% of that coming from fat.

if you want to see a real corporate deathwatch and wall street insanity look at bed bath and beyond.
stock wa strading around $3 or so.
They announced that they may need to file bankruptcy. stock cratered to about 1.50. then the meme traders got a hold of it and started buying it and droe it up to over $5 a share.
since then the stock has drifted lower but is still higher than it was when they said BK is an option.

closed today around 3.50 after getting a delisting warning from the NASDAQ and reports they are meeting with BK lawyers

Correct.

And I started a thread on that two weeks ago.

Normally it would be worthy of more attention, but
in an era where some companies have done insanely stupid things

• tried to grow WAAAY to fast, or way too large
  • had incompetent leaders,
  • tried to create the Metaverse
  • etc.

Bed Bath and Beyond is kind of innocent and boring.
They should have downsized years ago. The writing has been on the wall long enough, and the failure to do so was kind of crazy-stupid, but in these crazy times BBBY looks rather sane. (They’re just ordinary crazy.)

Then eat a half pound of raw liver with salt.

That sounds pretty good, actually! I’ve really come to enjoy the more carnivore side of foods.

Actually the veggie bacon and peanut butter is taboo lectin (toxic) food.

Everyone has their vices. Even the gurus. :sunglasses:

So many sacred cows

It’s weird, because the Bed Bath and Beyond by me was always packed. For over a decade it was packed. It was like the Shoprite by me. If you’re going to go, better go early when it first opens. Then it closed down about 5 years ago.

And how much exercise are you getting?

That is the other side of the equation you’re leaving out.

1 Like

I like it fresh, partly cooked, or soggy…LOL

The fact that they are a meme stock and have been for years is “sign of the times.”

Here’s a partial list of companies that
ran at a loss both during the pandemic and after the pandemic together with how they did in the market today (Good times and bad they don’t make a profit, they survive by consuming their own assets.)

Investors are STILL throwing money at them. This is a sure sign that there is still a lot of helicopter money leftover and that whatever “health” we might see in the economy today is a Fed illusion.

These are their single-day stock price increases, not Y-oY, single day.

Push Day:

Bench press, 5 reps @ 225lbs
Inclined bench press, 5 reps @ 135lbs
Squats, 5 reps @ 135lbs
Air squats, 5 reps, no weights
Calf raises, 10 reps, no weights

3 minute rest
Repeat
3 minute rest
Repeat

Pull Day:

Pull-ups, 4 reps, bar in front of face
Hamstring curls, 5 reps @ 90lbs
Chin-ups, 4 reps
Frankensteins, 20 steps

3 minute rest
Repeat (bar behind neck for pull-ups)
3 minute rest
Repeat (bar in front of face for pull-ups)

Schedule:

Monday - Push Day
Tuesday - Pull Day
Wednesday - Rest
Thursday - Push Day
Friday - Pull Day
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - Rest

7-8 weeks on, 1 week off
Every July and December - 2 weeks off

Well, thankfully no one was hurt

1 Like

Its interesting to see how some companies can survive without being profitable. Look at Amazon who convinced investors to stay with them year after year without turning a profit until recently. Though of course they benefitted greatly from the pandemic.

Everyone knows why Gamestop share price became inflated but despite predictions going back years about their demise they still survive.

It definitely is interesting to see companies like that, although, in many cases it is often easy to see why some companies failed.

• Some have crazy-incompetent management
  • Some are crazy ideas to begin with,
  • Some are not crazy but just very poor bets and very very unlikely to survive (or get star up capital) except in an era when the Fed is spraying a firehose of free money in the economy.

You probably know this but, imagine two scenarios

1. Congress initiates a $5t stimulus package, the $5t is first taken out of the economy via taxes or new bonds sold to the public
    -or-
  2. Congress initiates a $5t stimulus package, the $5t is created out of thin air in a multi-step process where the Fed issues $5t in new currency and simply adds the $5t to its balance sheet (so zero money came out of the economy.)

Clearly, in the second case that $5t is going to create all sorts of new economic activity, including businesses, that will not survive once the firehose of new cash is turned off.

• In the second case it is not that “investors funded Amazon but didn’t fund some other company.”
  • The more appropriate lense to use is"You can’t have six supermarket sin this town forever. Once the free money goes away, 4 of them will fail."
1 Like