Coronavirus Thread Political

I have seen the trial. I am interested in the study from SK and China, if you have it.

It is some mythical virus from in an alternate universe.

Ask wall street journal for that.
I was just pointing out they are reccomending a drug from treatment. You know two of the places it first hit.

It doesn’t exist; so no-one can get it.

they did limit animal / isolate cell testing (we done this)
they did small scale testing (this is where we are current)
they did large scale testing (this is next)
then it was licensed.

Salk developed his vaccine in 1952. It was approved for widespread release in 1955.

You seem to be confusing my point.
when I say I want clinical trial I want the drug TESTED.
I don’t just want it approved for mass use on hundreds thousands possibly millions of people without testing.

You might be able to get insurance against such an occurrence.

1 Like

Ditto. That is entirely correct.

first human trial started in 1953, large scale trial in 1954.

Pilot studies 1953
field test on children 1954
Widespread release 1955

So the timeline for each step back then was the same as now?

Probably not since it was apparently 3 years back then and 12 years on average now.

in 1954 they did the largest drug testing trial in history 1.2 million children.
before that the trial where limit to a few thousands.

C J these are critical times in which we may have to act quickly.

I am still frustrated that FDA was trying to pull the plug on Purell hand sanitizer at the end of January for “falsely claims it would work on viruses.”

Again, then don’t take any drug that hasn’t gone through the entire process. Tell your Doctor you refuse.

If this drug is proven to work, that is amazing we are currently in the testing phase.
we shouldn’t give people false hope.

So do you want that kind of testing – 3 years – with a lot of people before a vaccine or treatment is available (even though now it’s longer).

Eww. They do not have real shakes. A giant bag of “product” goes in the top, and they call the stuff that comes out the spigot “shake” .

1 Like

The CDC has no power to change or ignore regulations.

As for your other comment, where did I say cut the states out of the process?

I said a COORDINATED national, state and local response with everyone on the same page.

I would try it.